Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-approve a stage?

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I have a workflow that uses a SoD detour when violations are detected. If no violations are detected, auto-provisioning kicks in and the user receives a closing notification with the pwd details. The provisioning is set to end of request.

The problem is that this closing message is also sent if the workflow takes the detour route. I’ve tried to add a dummy stage as the last stage with the closing notification. But I’m unable to figure out how to auto-approve the stage. Checking the auto-approve setting found in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE doesn’t make any difference. Any hints how to auto-approve or solve this notification issue? I’m on SP06 but will patch to SP08 soon.

Kind Regards,

Vit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vit,

This is quite an interesting question and even i checked in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE & it doesn't seem to work .. 😞

We are also on SP06 .

I will update if i get any breakthrough !!

Regards,

Victor

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the update. Today I had a look at the functionality to auto-approve roles without approver (config parameter 2038). Which could be useful for default roles. Didn't get it work so I had to open up a message...

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vit,

We are currently on SP08 and have the same issue, even with Parameter ID 2038 set, the request goes down our escape path instead of continuing to the next stage in WF.

Good luck,

Ryan

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vit/Ryan:

I am not sure that I even understand the requirements for Auto Approve Roles without Approvers.  I found a SAP Note or 2 that states the criteria from 5.3 and then understood that there was little that I could do to make my scenarios meet the criteria.  I am guessing the same exists for AC10.  Do you yave provisioning set at end of stage or path.....end of path, theoretically, would give you several closings if you are routing some items down a detour.

For a NoStage approval, the only way I have found to do thei is to create a Path with NO STAGES, and route items through it, but to me that really is not the same as the No Stage approval becuase i cannot put any thing beyond that easily.  I am guessing that I might have to have a Routing set to ALWAYS be at that Path...but wait...i think it needs stage to reoute from as well.  This will take some work on my part to understand.  But for items like a display/default role, use a routing rule say just before a Role Owner stage to send them down a NoStage Path, but make sure that your provisioning is at End of Request if you only want 1 instance of provisioning and hence, emails...

Thanks.

Kevin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vit Vesely,

we want always auto-provisioning Access Request but in case SoD Exists into Request, The Manager should recieve an email notification (only informative without approval stage) with this SoD.

We set auto-provisioning for all request until now. We have a path with no stages and request is porivsioning direclty, but we have to configure a new stage with SoD-Detour to analyze if there is SoD to send a notificaction to manage or not. The problem is parameters into stage. We cannot configure stages without approval or we don't know the way to do it.

You can see that we want to set similar scenario you described, please, could you help us?

Please, it could be really great if you can give us some advise. Could we contact you directly? By email?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jebini,

I hope I have understood your post correctly. Apologies if I have not.

One possible solution for you is to have a single stage in the workflow path for the SoD detour, where you set it to automatically go to the next stage (i.e. end of the path) after say 10 seconds. the Manager can be put down as the agent of the stage, so they can receive the notification you wish to send to them.

In theory this is workable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vit,

We just implemented a scenario which involved Auto Provisioning with having to approve the request.I am not sure if it can help you.

Here's what we did.We wanted that if Company VP goes on leave or any high level Mgmt user goes on leave and he hands over his responsibility to some other person , that person should get the VP's roles or which mgmt person's roles once he sends an email to the ticketing tool.

So,we created a "Delegation Request" (SPRO-->CUP-->request type)

and added the request type to BRF+ rule of the initiator which included the result rule value for this request (Delegation).

Now we created a path for delegation , but did not configure any stages for this path.

Next we maintained the route maintenance path .

Now whenever a delegation request is created , it goes thru this path and since there is "NO" approval stage it gets provisioned and it seems to work fine for us.

Still not sure if this can help !!

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to figure out a way to use parameter 2038 with an escape path? I would like to use our escape path for all our other paths and stages within the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST process ID but not flag roles with no approvers in one specific path / stage.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

I tried to simulate it on SP8 and doesnt work !! It goes to the last stage and becomes non editable with errors !!

What dummy stage and agent are you using to configure ? Are you using custom or default ones ?

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In GRFNMW_CONFIGURE , I used to see an option for auto approver for a stage .But now I can see .

Can you please help me finding out the same option .

Thans & Regards

Asheesh