cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX File upload not working in High volume segmentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we are using high volume segmentation and want to update TREX index with the file uploaded as .csv file.

have created all pre-requisites,

• Created the data source and assigned the data source to the attribute list in crmd_mktds
  • Executed prog CRM_MKTTG_FDS_LOAD_FILE_UI and file succesfully uploaded in TREX (Checked the TREX ADMIN trace file and the file has been written)

But in the Fast Find monitor- (CRM_MKTTG_TREX_MONITOR) TREX index has not been updated.

Please throw some light on this issue and the settings that we might have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I assume the your issue is not yet resolved. You had mentioned that you are able to see the trace file in the TREX Trace.  Does the trace file clearly say that so many number of row have been optimized

If the answer to this question is yes, then click on Advanced Mode that is in the left top corner of your TREXADMIN screen.

In this go to Attribute Mining. Here double click on the Data source you are uploading the file against.

Check the one which which has the suffix _join to it.

Now see if all the attributes that you have imported are available. If they are then select an attribute and then click Distribution. Here your count should not be Zero.

If all this is good and you have all the indexes created correctly then lauch your Segment Builder Flex UI and create a filter using your new Attribute List that you have created.

Run the count and you should be able to see the segments. If you do not see then let me know.

For File Import you donot have to worry about running the update job. File Import donot upload delta. It is always a full upload to TREX.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

That was helpful to really identify from TREX ADMIN point of view,

As per your suggestion, it is all good and no attribute list count is zero.

However in UI layer when i tested with one of the filters that i have created, it gives me an error

"TREX Error: 23013 Unknown view attribute"

And by the by, we always execute Fast Find monitor report to check whether attributes are loaded to TREX fast find and in this case, the file upload attribute list is not included ?

Hope the above info will help you in addressing my issue.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Naga.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

i am trying to push updates to Trex from our CRM system by creating a job using the program

CRM_MKTTG_TREX_UPDATE

but job was failing with error HTTP_OUT_OF_MEMORY

our current trex version is 710 patch 70

could someone help here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga Gopathi,

We are also having same scenario In high volume segmentation & I am trying to upload CSV file on Trex server by using program "CRM_MKTTG_FDS_LOAD_FILE_UI", but once I execute this program I am getting following Error in Trex Admin --> Trace

"ERROR: File /usr/sap/TRD/TRX03/temp/Test.csv does not exist / cannot be read."

Can put some more light on Path to upload File on Trex.. I am giving following Path "/usr/sap/TRD/TRX03/temp/Test.csv"

Plz guide me for this error & Path to upload..

Regards

Tej

0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

The file path that you have provided it too long. Reduce it and it will work just fine.  Try and keep it to less that 25 characters long. 

Thanks,

Hemanth

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Tej,

Please note that the report CRM_MKTTG_FDS_LOAD_FILE_UI is there to create the Indexes in the TREX server, not to upload the file to the TREX server. So you have to place the upload file in a TREX directory and give it as the file path in the CRM. Then run this report so that it creates the index in TREX . If you need any more clarification, let me know.

As a general guideline please keep in mind the following few points
regarding this functionality:

1. The file should be uploaded into TREX machine as a .csv file and the
fields should be delimitted by ';'.
2. The header of the file should have names similar to the
attribute names of the Datasource without the token separators.
3. There should be at least one field with Business Partner Guid
4. The fields should be mapped to correct data elements.
5. While running the report CRM_MKTTG_FDS_LOAD_FILE_UI the filename
field should point to the path where the file is residing in the TREX
machine. (e.g. /usr/sap/TRX/).

Thanks,

Rekha

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Naga,

You get Missing in Fast Find probably because you have unchecked the check box next to the attribute in the attribute list.

Check the box again and save the attribute list. You will see UpTo date in fast find.

Once you see the counts coming up in TREXADMIN the segments should work. Try and find some SAP notes because you are in a very lower level Support Pack.

Also check the TREX version you are in.  If all look good, try and create a new DataSource and Attribute List. Reupload the file with the new data source and check the behavior.

Hemanth

0 Kudos

Naga,

Check the Attribute lists and the data sources that were created. The TREX Attributes in the datasources should named exactly the same as the headers in the file import .csv file.

Then when creating the attribute list assign this data source. After it is assigned check if all the TREX attributes are showing in there.

If these 2 are exactly correct and you are having the counts in the TREXADMIN then the next thing I will check is the Alerts tab in TREX.  See if the TREX is giving any errors.

Please let me know the support pack you are in. If the issue still remains send me a couple of screen shots.

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Check the Attribute lists and the data sources that were created. The TREX Attributes in the datasources should named exactly the same as the headers in the file import .csv file. ----> yes Fields match to CSV file and datasources.

Then when creating the attribute list assign this data source. After it is assigned check if all the TREX attributes are showing in there.- When I Create adnd Assign the Data sources to the Attribute list first time, normally it used to always state 'Up to date in Fast Find' But suddenly now it is displaying as "Missing in Fast Find"

Is above the correct behaviour for creation of Attributes for Fast Find in CRMD_MKTDS ?

Also, can you help me how to identify the current support pack we are in ?

Things that i can see in System-Component are, CRM7.0, under the BBPCRM it is "SAPKU70003".

Thanks,

Regards,

Naga.

former_member184510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Generraly the Basis Folks solve it for you...:-)  Not much you can do yourself apart from the checks suggested by Harsh and Apoorv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HArsh and Apporv,

YEs have already done that and checked.

Still i cannot see that update in Fast find monitor report.

Any other checks that i have to do ?

Thanks and regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Not sure but please check this: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2026813

Additionally, you can go through this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/35d54586e01421e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Is the job CRM_MKTTG_TREX_UPDATE getting finished without any errors.

Thanks,

Apoorv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check whether entries are maintained in CRM -> Marketing -> Segmentation -> High Volume Segementation ->Define RFC Destination and Index Settings for Fast Find.

Thanks,

Apoorv

Former Member
0 Kudos

For High Volume, you have to run this report CRM_MKTTG_TREX_UPDATE.

Alternatively. you can go to spro -> CRM -> Marketing -> Segmentation -> High Volume Segementation -> Update TREX Index for Segmentation

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Harsh