Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM and using side panel chips: attachments and notes

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use a side-panel in my OVP FPM app that includes the Attachments and Notes CHIPS to be able work with GOS attachments/notes. However I can't see how to pass data to the CHIP from the FPM app so that it knows what Business Object Type and Key to use to show attachments/notes for...

There does not seem to be any Tags associated with the Inport other than the standard ones for the config of the chip.

Inside the code for the CHIPS there is an assistance class that has an inport_handler method which includes this method call:

CALL METHOD mo_services->get_objkey_from_struct
    EXPORTING
      id_appl_id = ms_object_info-appl_id
      if_full    = 'X'
    IMPORTING
      ed_objkey  = ms_object_info-objkey
      ed_objtyp  = ms_object_info-objtype
    CHANGING
      cs_data    = <ls_data>.

... which shows that it "can" work with the GOS object type and key, but there does not appear to be any link from this back to a tag so that I can pass in the data from my calling app (fpm).

Has anyone been able to use these sap-provided CHIPS?

Regards,

Jason.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No takers.... I've found the answer anyway. Those GUIBB's or RUIBB's (Reusable GUIBB's where the feeder class is supplied as well).

These CHIPS (that start with BSSP_* like BSSP_ATTACHMENT) are designed for use within NWBC. They use automatic wiring with the data supplied by NWBC. Therefore you can't use Tags in your app to pass data the normal way. It *may* be possible to code for this automatic wiring but it was quicker for me to just build my own chips.

I solved the problem by simply witing my own CHIPS to do GOS Notes and attachments as follows:

0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

I am also working on one of the FPM application involving FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

As far as FPM application components are concerned, side panel can be smoothly integrated to any one of them but i am unable to activate the side panel unlike a normal web dynpro where we can do it in config mode.

Do you have any idea about OIF FPM applications and side panel.

Nitin

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Corecting my post... It is actually possible to use these CHIPS with tags in your own apps. As of sp03 (ERP6 Ehp6) tha tag names are now visible is the CHIP config page and these work just fine. Previously these BSSP_* CHIPS did not show the tag names

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Have you tried the following code to enable the side-panel in your fpm apps:

fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

cnr ?= fpm->get_service( cl_fpm_service_manager=>gc_key_cnr_ovp ).

cnr->set_side_panel_link( iv_text = 'Side Panel...'
                                 iv_tooltip = 'Open Side Panel for more information (attachments, notes)'
                                 iv_active = abap_true ).

Just place this in one of your GUIBB's. I tend to put it in the INITIALIZE method. You can also programmatically set tags here as well.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jason,

I know this is an old post, but it is the only one I could find for the BSSP_ATTACHMENTS chip.  The only TAG I see is the PERNR, which I have defined in my custom WD4A application.  I did set the default BOR object on the CHiP.  The problem is the buttons are grayed out.  Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Kenneth

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth, I'd need allot more information to be able to tell why... Nothing immediately comes to mind. What buttons are you talking about?

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason, never mind.  I was not using the correct TAG nomenclature.  It works after I programmatically set the personnel number tag correctly.  However, I now realize that the attachments are going to the SAP database and not the archive server ('Store Business Documents' menu path on GOS).  This is not how we attach/archive. 

Thanks for the reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am currently sitting with the exact same problem. I want to use the notes and attachment from the sidepanel, however the standard bssp_attachment aren't storing the documents the same place as the old GUI does, which makes it unusable  for me.

I know this is asking a lot, but is it possible for you to share the source code of your component?

Thanks in advance.

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob, The issues I was having that started off this forum post were due to older (dodgy) support packs.... They have been fixed in recent sp's. It was around passing data to the CHIPS via tags.

Passing the data with Tags has nothing to do with the code of how the chips work of course.

With the attachments CHIP it does already work with GOS (which is the same way attachments are done from transactions in the sapgui).

However, by default, the Notes attachment wants to use KPRO to store notes. It will work with GOS but you have to configure it.

Open up the application where the CHIP is and enter customizing mode (by adding sap-confiog-mode=X to the url). then you can edit your page and see the coinfig for the CHIPS. On the settings button for the Notes chip is a config link (just called CONFIG_HANDLER for me). Open that up and you will get some options. Set the "Access to Generic Object Services" option to "read and write" and then save.

You should now be good to go.

Let me know if that was the issue or something else...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

This was exactly what i was looking for. Thanks so much!

If you are interested in points, then please put a reply in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I'm new to using web dynpro and Netweaver but our users would like to be able to have whatever attachments in Services for Objects also appear in the NWBC similar transaction attachments.  For example IMA11 or IMA3N attachments in the attachment list.  You mentioned you had to write your own CHIP to get the GOS objects in R/3 to also show up in your Side panel attachments. Can you please share how you went about doing that?  I noticed that in SAP R/3 tables SOOD and SOFM store some of the attachment links that indicate if the attachment is a URL, RAW, EXT, etceteras.

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My comments are quite old now Emily and don't apply to more recent versions, so I would try with the provided CHIP's first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thank you for your reply Jason.

Answers (0)