SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP IN DBM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How do you calculate WIP in dbm?Do i do the set up in product costing?if that is the case how does one set up default parameters for dbm orders?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please brief your requirement...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I just want to know how you calculate wip in dbm.i want to know how to remove the cost of parts issued to sevice jobs and other costs related to service orders from cost of sales for the orders that are not billed.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want remove the Parts COS for DBM order which are not billed infact  this will be the majorcost for calculating WIP. It seems that you are only intrested in Labour WIP in this cases you need to configure the Line ID under RA customisation in SPRO where you can block the relvant cost elements from being considered during WIP.

IN DBM for each service order one header Internal order is created and all the costs & revenues are posted on it. For each split the separate internal order are created and revenues on it are transfered to header internal order after accounting document is generated. You can analyse the the cost and revenues for Internal in OKB1.

Please let me know if you need any help. Since currently I am working on this

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

note 930634 https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000930634

describes some of the concepts for WIP.

Best regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Do you configure WIP in DBM 7? Right now I am trying to setup WIP in DBM 7.0 but I have problem trying to undestand which type of Order CO I have to use and how I have to configure the system to run the WIP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use standard internal order type i.e.

Q100-ternal Order - DBM Order

This Order type is attached to DBM order type. So when you create DBM order with this order type header internal order will be created of this Internal Order Type.

2. Do the configuration for RA key . Configure the line ID and chose the cost elements you want to post in RA.

3. Run the RA with standard procedure for order type Q100 as month end activity

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I will explain the way we are triying to configure The WIP in DBM but I am getting some error message, So, Please I need your help to point out where or what I'm doing something wrong or missing something.

Steps To Setup WIP:

Product Cost Controlling> Cost Object Accounting> Controlling Product Cost by Order> Period Close> Work in progress:

OKG1: Define Accrual key
KA03: Define cost elements for WIP-
Type 31.
OKG9: Define Accrual versions
OKGC: Define valuation method (actual costs)
SPRO: Define Line IDs
OKGB: Define allocation
OKGA: Define update
OKG8: Define posting rules for the settlement of ongoing work
OKG6: Define number ranges

Next step

Path: Controlling> Product Cost Controlling> Cost Object Accounting> Controlling Product Cost by Order> Order Processing> p.contabilidad relevant proposed Actualiz.valores costs p / order class / ce.

Tx: SPRO: If we use class order CO Q100 generates the following error:

creación and clearing costs only possible with prod.y p.collector órd..CO
Message No.: KQ510
diagnosis
You can only create or delete the default values ​​for type 04 orders (production orders without quantity structure) and 05 (product cost collectors). For orders of type 15 (order with quantity structure) and 40 (order processing) and other types of order can be verified the proposed values ​​for cost accounting objects. As, in addition to the parameters for cost object accounting, other parameters must be updated (eg., Selection roadmap implementation BOM) for the combination class order and center of these orders, the activity IMG "Update parameters dependent on the type of order" shall be made in the implementation Guide product cost Planning (PP) or product cost Planning process Industry (PP-PI).

I will appreciate any help.

regards,

Jorge.

0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I tried assigning a model order type $Q200 (via Trx. KOM1) to the order type Q200 Vehicle Order (Trx.KOT2_OPA).  This model type has the RA key only. If i generate a new order Q200 manually, the new order copy this RA key. But from the functions in /dbm/order , this campo RA Key is not transfered.

You have any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards, Yenia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

appreciate if any once can highlight how to post the WIP in Finance from DBM order for parts and service

thanks

athar