Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Formatting in Adobe forms

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to design invoice adobe form, in which I have fields such as  amount and quantity.   For English customers, it is behaving correctly.  But unfortunately it is behaving strangely for French Customers and that too for French Customers with Company code language french.    Please let me know, how to solve this problem.

It is showing in below format

123,45 for 123.45

1,23 for 1.23

1 234,45 for 1,234.45

It is taking commas for decimal and a blank space for commas

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Rakesh,

The display of the numbers as 1 234,45 or 1,234.45 in ur case is because of the details stored in the USER DATA.

Once logged in SAP go to: SYSTEM: USER PROFILE: OWN DATA ---- Now in this select the 'DEFAULTS'. Check the 'DECIMAL NOTATION'. Change that to the required format and then re-login and then test.

But this change needs to be done for each individually.

Instead as said by TAO, give the desired PATTERN in the PALETTES: OBJECT: FIELD:-PATTERN.
Then this pattern will appear for all the logons.

Cheers

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I have checked the user profile and the decimal notation over there is correct.  I have placed the correct patterns in the object-> Field-> Pattern.  But the problem is not yet solved.  Problem is only for some customers.  For French Customers and whose company code language is French.  For remaining customers, it is working good.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

the decimal notation in SAP is not a simple topic. There is an internal priority factor list for decimal notation format in SAP, among them the user profile parameter has the lowest priority. That means, only if all other influencing parameters were not set, then it will work.

In your case, I think the most possible thing is, as I said above, your print program has country setting statement, and your form UI-element has been set to default locale.

Anyway, it is another topic to determin the decimal notation type. For your purpose, setting the pattern should work. If not, that means you have set a wrong or incomplete pattern. If you can make a pattern snapshot here, I think other people could help you further.

Regards,

Tao

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tao,

Please find the screenshot of the pattern, I have set to. 

As you told, there is a country setting statement in my print program.  When I pass language as 'French' and country as 'Canada', this decimal notation is not working.  For other combinations of language and country it is working fine.  For example, language = 'French' and country = 'US', it is working fine.  Not sure, what I am missing.  Please let me know, what I am missing.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tao.

You can go to System from tool bar then to User profile then go to Own data and then click the Parameters Tab.

regards

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

maybe you have not set the locale:

Regards,

Tao

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tao,

I have selected the locale.  I have seen the problem, which I am having even with standard adobe forms also.   Not sure what issue I am facing with. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Yes I have not set the field to locale.  Thanks for helping me in this.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Rakesh,

go to layout and find the amount fields. Check tab "Object"-"Field"-"Patterns..." and set the number type for the fields.

Best regards,

Tao

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

I have checked fields.  But my problem for only some type of customers.  For English Customers it is working fine.  For French Customers it is giving me problem.  Could you suggest me any other option

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member

Hi Rakesh,

if you set number type manually (as I suggested above), the output type is the same for all customers. If you let it (by default) choose display type automatically, then it depends on the country-setting (instead of language) of the print program.

My suggestion is to set the set number type manually, so that you do not need to change the print program.

Best regards.

Tao