Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementing pricing procedures for india without CIN

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am working on developing pricing procedures for a company india. But i dont see any standard CIN functionality in the system even though iam using 4.7 version of sap.so i dont see the standard Condition tyes such as JIN1,JIN5 ETC FOR INDIA and standard pricing procedures JINFAC<JINEXP etc are also missing.so what should be my approach to implement pricing.

thanks in advance

mk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am confused after seeing your subject "Without CIN".  Do you need to install CIN or not ?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

this is the first time my company is actually rolling out to India.they dont have any kind of legal entity in india as of now.so is it possible to implement pricing and other tax related activities without CIN.And i just want to let you know that we dont have any production in india as we are planning to provide only sales of services but not sales of instruments.And most of the spare parts are intercompany transfers.

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we dont have any production in india

In that case, CIN is not necessary.  You can go with standard pricing procedure where you need to include a condition type for service tax also

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

as Lakshmipathi said rightly since your company is only legal entity in india you need not to configure CIN, you can use standard procedure for sales tax and service tax. CIN is mainly used for manufacturing companies where they will levy customer Excise duty etc.

Thanks

VSA

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vsa,

thanks for your reply.for the service orders we use spare parts which we import from a different country.so do we need to pay any excise duty for that.in that case how do we configure that.also please let me know what is the customization needed for the above scenario.is it just maintaing condition types for the various taxes we have or anything else is required.

thanks,

k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

even though spare parts are imported you will pay customs duty and other components, but when you sell this parts to end customer you will be adding all these components to the base price then you will arive selling price. Now when you sell this parts to customer you need not to charge them any exicse duty because in this scenario your company is trading company but you will be charging sales tax (VAT). this has to be configured along with service tax.

For selling parts VAT to be configured

For selling service or extending services (Service Tax) to be configured.

hope this clarify your doubts.

Thanks

Aasish V S

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Assish,

i really appreciate your time.so as iam configuring vat and service tax i have to create condition types for  VAT and cst and include them in the pricing procedure.is that right? And how do we input the intelligence in the system to determine the vat as it is different for inter state and intra state transactions.And i think service tax is fixed right irrespective of inter or intra state transactions.

And also if  possible can you please briefly expalin the steps for customizing vat and service tax.And can you also let me know the fields to be maintained in the customer and material master and what are to be maintained for these condition types.

i really appreciate your time and help.

thanks you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

the sales tax has to be dterminaed based on the customer Region and Delivery plant, i mean if customer is in Karnataka and you also deliver from any part of Karnataka the system should charge only VAT, if customer is in Delhi and you are deliverying from Karnataka then sytem should automatically detrmines CST,  these settings has to be done in customer tax clasification and material tax clasification in OVK3 & OVK4.

Thanks

Aasish.V.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check in OBBG whether you could see TAXINN or TAXINJ for country India.  Next go to OBQ3 and see whether both these procedures are there.  If not, check the following notes:-

1)  Note 542660 - Release Note for CIN with R/3 Enterprise

2)  Note 640421 - Post Upgrade Check for Business Transaction Events ( FIBF )

3)  Note 899086 - Guidelines to install CIN on a pre-customised client

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

i did find TAXINJ assigned to india in OBBG.in OBQ3 when i go to the control data of TAXINJ it says"no matches were found for the selection criteria'.And i dont see the pricing conditions JIN1,JIN5 in v/06.can you also let me know what are the activities to be done for implementing pricing in india from SD point of view.i apprieciate your time and help.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

Check with your Basis Consultant as to whether CIN is activated or not.

If the CIN is activated then from SAP Easyacess screen, find the icon - create role,

click on it, in single role field , enter sap_cin, then press enter,

I am not sure -- whether this icon is thr or not?

but am sure in the tool bar we have the icon through which we can access the CIN version screen,

try with above to get the navigation.

Regards,

Mehul

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

hey Nehul,

i my sap easy acces screen create role icon is grayed out.so cant check that.is there any other way to check

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

please check with your Basis team, they have activated CIN component or not.

Thanks

VSA