cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for GRCPINW add-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just reading through OSS note 1497971 to check pre-requisites for the GRC AC add-on for my R/3 4.7 system. I noticed it lists these minimum support pack levels:

SAP_BASIS
SAPKB62063
SAP_ABA
SAPKA62063

Mine are, er, just a little below that (well, OK, quite a lot below that). Does anyone know if these are just recommended support pack levels, or are they actually required? Has anyone installed the addons on a system with a lower support pack? How low? Did it work?

Are there specific things needed that could be added independently of whole support packs?

We are going to be upgrading R/3 to ERP 6 later this year, but I wanted to get the GRC 5.3 -> 10.0 upgrade done first. Given the pending R/3 upgrade there's no point in going through the process up applying support packs to get them up to date, so if there's no way around this I'll just have to postpone the GRC upgrade.

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

SAP has provided ACP's (Attribute Change Packages) for GRC 5.3:

Note 1247785 - AC 5.3 - VIRSANH & VIRSAHR Lower Import Conditions for 620

As for now, you can lower the import conditions for 6.40 as described here:

Note 1619929 - Cannot install GRCPINW V1000_640 due to low BASIS/ABA SP lvl

I couldn't find a note for 6.20. You might want to contact SAP in order to ask for a simmilar note for 6.20...

Good luck,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - that's really helpful.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that SAP are working on ACPs for Basis 620. If you open an OSS message you can get early access to them. The notes will be 1560308, 1588038 and 1588037 when they are eventually made generally available.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Thank you for sharing the information and I'm glad to know that you could get access to the ACPs in order to solve your problem.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I thought of commenting in this post to get some suggestion. We are planning for GRC 4 Upgrade to GRC 10. I have downloaded Guides and notes, before going through them looking for some inputs.

Can you please tell me high level plans for the upgrade roadmap?

Do we need separate system for GRC AC 10, or they can sit on top of ECC system (Ours is EHP 5)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC is an add-in to an simple ABAP NetWeaver stack. Technically, therefore, you could probably install it in an existing ERP system, assuming the platform requirements are compatible. You wouldn't do that, though, even if it were possible, because it would prove very restrictive in the future when applying support packs and upgrades to either ERP or GRC. What if you needed to apply EHP6 to ERP but couldn't because that upgraded the underlying NetWeaver release (it does) and GRC was incompatible with that? Keep them apart.

Setting up a separate landscape to host GRC isn't a big deal. A basic ABAP stack installation is pretty straightforward. You probably only want a 2-system landscape - DEV and PRD. No need for QA, generally?

The upgrade is actually a migration. You install the new GRC 10 systems, run export functions in the old system and import the data into the new one. You don't upgrade in place. There are some requirements on support pack levels in the old system. I'm not sure how it works with 4 - my systems are 5.3 - but you should check if your existing CC installation needs patching before the upgrade.

There's one thing you might want to consider after the basic upgrade is live. GRC 10 makes it easier to run multiple rulesets in a single system. It might be worth looking at the new standard ruleset from 10.0 alongside your existing one, to see if there are any changes worth adopting. I certainly plan to do that.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Steve, truly appreciate the detailed explanation.

If I understand correctly, once we have a separate GRC 10 system, there would still be virsa add ons installed in the Satellite systems e.g. ECC / BW etc.

The existing CC 4 might need an upgrade (before or after migration), need to check on that aspect.

Thank you

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there are GRC10 plugins for the satellite systems that will replace the CC 4 plugins you currently have. You can download those from the same place as GRC 10 itself, and will install them after the GRC 10 system is installed. I'm pretty sure installing the GRC 10 plugins will automatically remove CC 4. At least, when I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.3, installing the 5.3 plugin removed the 5.1 plugin.

My only question about your current CC 4 system is whether it might need patching first (to a newer version of CC 4) before you can extract the data to migrate to GRC 10. I know I have to patch my current GRC 5.3 system before I can migrate.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be advised that you need to be on SP15 of AC 5.3.  Otherwise your previous plug-ins/RTAs will be overwritten by the GRC 10 plug-in and you will not be able to continue to use AC 5.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I knew I needed a certain patch level to properly export data. I didn't realise there was an impact on parallel running also. I do want to be able to do that for a while, so you've saved me some grief there!

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I'm currently working in a similar environment, I will be doing my migration work from next week. As per my understanding I need to have these plugins in the GRC system and Target systems before i do the migration.

GRC 10.0 - GRCFND_A, GRCPINW

ECC- GRCPINW, GRCPIERP

I'm not much aware of the AC 5.3. Can you please share the prerequisite needed on the GRC AC 5.3 system before I start my migration plugins and support packs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The prerequisites are described in the AC 10.0 migration guide on the service marketplace - section 4.2 in the version that's there right now.

You should certainly read the rest of that document anyway, before you start!

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I feel its good to wait till R/3 Upgrade. I dont know if the Plugins will work or not with SP levels below SAP recommended, but SAP support is not going to work. They will definitely ask you to upgrade to the recommended level. If you can upgrade your SP levels you can go ahead with GRC 10.

One option would be to run 10.0 parallel to the ECC upgrade, but might be a burden on your team with all the work and new system in place. Another option would be to install GRC 10 and play around with sandbox systems. This way your team would be comfortable to move to GRC 10 once ECC upgarde is completed.

Regards,

Ajesh.