Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting PO -- Text Item from BOM not copied

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

my google-fu / SDN-fu / snotes-fu has failed me for once, it is time to ask you 🙂

I have material procured through subcontracting, which has both WBS BOM and Material BOM.

In each of this BOMs one of the items is of item category "T Text item", marked as "Production relevant".

Scenario One: BOM to PReq (works as expected):

If I manually create  Purchase Requisition once for Subcontracting without Account Assignment, once for Subcontracting with Account Assignment "Q Proj. make-to-order" stock, on both cases the text item from BOM (either Material BOM or WBS BOM) is copied into PReq BOM, as expected.

Scenario Two: BOM to PO (the actuall issue):

Then, if manually create the Purchase Order (i.e. without reference to PReq), the item with account assignment once again correctly copies the text item from WBS BOM; however, for the item without account assignment the text item is not copied from Material BOM.

In other words, the text item is NOT copied from Material BOM ONLY in case of Purchase Order without account assignment; all other cases work as expected.

Do you have any idea why it should behaves in such (to me) strange and unexpected way? Is there any customizing which can affect this?

I have checked SPRO: Production -> Basic Data -> Bill of Material (not to mention Google and SDN, of course), but I do not see anything relevant.

Thank you

TomT

PS: This is actually repost from MM forum, where I did not get any respose; well, this issue is borderign PP/MM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hello,

When you use NON Stock item in subcontracting BOM , it gets copied to subcon purchase requistion as text item and Item details in PR shows Direct procurement falg set.

For more information refer note 161056.

Also check this customising setting:

IMG ----> Material Management ---> Purchasing ----> Production order ----> Texts for production order->Define Copying rules

Hope the information is helpful

regards

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, Sweta...

• as for "When you use NON Stock item in subcontracting BOM , it gets copied to subcon purchase requistion as text item and Item details in PR shows Direct procurement falg set" -- yes, that is what I mention in my (probably bit too long) explanation; the non-stock/text item gets copied to PReq, but does not get copied to PO in case of Subcontracting w/o Account Assignments;
  • as for note 161056 and "customising setting: IMG..." -- I do not have problem with long texts, but with item of category "T - Text item" from Material BOM itself;

But thanks anyway.

TomT