cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Loading 0MATERIAL_ATTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to load object 0MATERIAL. The infopackages loads 0MATERIAL_ATTR to Datasource with no problems, but during the DTP execution i get the following errors

* Record filtered in advanced as rerris records with the same key exist (message RSM2722)

* Data Package / Status " Processed with erros" (message RSBK257)

I've seen a few threads to try understand the issue, but i mus admit i got confused. Something arround error DTP..

I've looked at Error stack an i have some records there.. but i don't think they are duplicate..

The strange thing is that in quality it runned with no erros (R3 QUA is a copy of R3 PRD).

The DTP is the same as in quality..

I can't see the data in R3 PRD (no authorizations), but I've seen in R3 QUA (which is a recent copy) and the records in error stack are not duplicates in R3.. in other words.. its taking one record from R3 and creating 2 BW records.. since they are the same, it assumes one is a duplicate..

Can anyone provide any clarity on this? How can I solve it?

I don't have many permissions in production.

Many thanks

Joana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sukdev_koner2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just create a Error DTP and run the error DTP. If its success, then run the normal DTP.

If error DTP fails, goto 'Semantic Group' of Normal DTP and uncheck all fields. Then load the DTP.

Please let me know if same issue exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've created a error DTP.

I've corrected the error records (removed spaces), and runned the error DTP.

It worked fine, but next time i run my Process chain to load material, i get the same error..

Please help..

Many thanks

Joana

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The work you are doing is just the workaround, removing the spaces and proceeding the load. You have to correct the data at source in order to fix it permanently.

Till then include Error DTP in the PC so that the load completes and the error records alone will be filtered in error stack

Regards
Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not able to fix the source side and the only problem are the spaces, you can try to add this ABAP code into routine for 0MATERIAL field:

RESULT = SOURCE_FIELDS-MATERIAL.

CONDENSE RESULT NO-GAPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue is with 0MANU_MATRN.. atribute of 0MATERIAL.

This routine has to be created for 0MATERIAL or 0MANU_MATNR?

Where do I create the routine.. in transformation from infosource to object?

Many thanks

Joana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure what is the source field for 0MANU_MATNR, but lets say it's the same infoobject 0MANU_MATNR. Then you would need to put these two lines in routine in transformation from infosource to infoobject, in field 0MANU_MATNR:

RESULT = SOURCE_FIELDS-MANU_MATNR.

CONDENSE RESULT NO-GAPS.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try setting Alpha conversion routine to 0Material and load.

Thanks,

Jayasree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Problem partially solved.. OMSL was not set to 18 lenght in BW (and i was informed that it was)..

I now have the following error

I've analyzed error stack

It seems to be caused by spaces - in some cases we have spaced in the end of the "number" and in other cases we have it in the middle of the "number"

I've checked RSKC, and i have the following ' ~!@#$%^&*()_'"`-_/\|.'#[]`½{}ÇÜ$ALL_CAPITAL

I have space defined, so I don't undestand why it doesn't accept it in this cases.

Also, I0've checked other material that was correctly loaded and for those, we have some cases where 0MANU_MATNR has spaces.

What am I missing in RSKC? Can you please help?

Many thanks

Joana

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same kind of problem, I rectified it by deleting the space in PSA.When I try to place the cursor at the  right end it blinks after 2 space as shown in the figure,

So, loaded after deleting spaces.And I informed my users not to repeat the mistake.

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joana Faria

I faced almost same type issue long back. Please try the below steps

Step 1: OMSL Transaction: Set the material length as 18 and check both text boxes (lexicographical & leading zeros). This OMSL setting should be done in both target and source systems (BW & ECC).

Step 2: After the above step, extract the data one more time and trigger the DTP. Hopefully, the issue will get solve

Regards

Saravanan Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Many thanks for your replies.

I have 2 questions regarding the proposed solutions:

1) deleting space in the PSA. Where the records with error in the PSA? Mine aren't, so it seems that it has no issue with spaces when data is out of R3 and into BW.. the issue is in BW.. If this is the case, should the spaces be cleaned in the PSA? Also, I can pottentially fac this issue again in the future..

2) Changing OMSL Tranasaction to include lexicographical & leading zeros. Wouldn't this affect only 0MATERIAL.. My issue now is with an attribute of 0MATERIAL (0MANU__MATNR), so I'm wondering if changing this TCODE will have any impact on 0MANU_MATNR

Many thanks

Joana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jona,

we faced same problem.

we edited first time  in the PSA. and then we change to delta update.

our problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I still haven't managed to fix the spaces at the end 0MANU_MATNR.

I have tried to use

RESULT = SOURCE_FIELDS-0MANY_MATNR.

CONDENSE RESULT.

It didn't remove spaces at the end.. I didn't use NO-GAPS because i want to keep spaces in the middle - Examplo '6# TYPE 4A4'

I also tried to create a formula using

R_TRIM (0MANU_MATNR)

When i loaded it removed filed 0MANU_MATNR (it was blank)

Can you please explain how can I remove spaces at the end of the field (just at the end)?

Many thanks

Joana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found out what was the issue.. Its related with the format of the characters..

The format of characters defined in RSCK (example ") is different from the format of the same characters brought into BW..

By copying the space, ", ', etc that i got in error into RSCK (as an addition to the space, ", ' , etc that i already had defined) I managed to load correctly

Does anybody know where i change this.. I'm sure there is some place where i can configure the format accepted

Many thanks

Joana

jagadeesh_mandepudi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check DTP setting  Handle Duplicate Records and see. Hope it works.

Jagadeesh Mandepudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've changed the DTP, to handle duplicates and changed the semantic group to include MATNR.

now, when loading DTP the error is the following

0MATERIAL: Data Record 1 (‘000000000001000000 ’): Version ‘000000000001000000 ’ is not valid

RSDMD 194

Diagnosis

Data record 1 & with the key '000000000001000000 &' is invalid in value

'000000000001000000 &' of the attribute/characteristic 0MATERIAL &.

System Response

The system has recognized that the value mentioned above is invalid, and

has processed this general error message. A subsequent message may give

you more information on the error. This message refers to the same

value, even though it does not state this explicitly.

Procedure

If this message appears during a data load, maintain the attribute in

the PSA maintenance screens. If this message appears in the master data

maintenance screens, leave the transaction and call it again. This

allows you to maintain your master data.

Procedure for System Administration

I've checked OMSL and its OK (' ~!@#$%^&*()_'"`-_/\|.'#[]`½@{}Ç\Ü$ALL_CAPITAL.)

I'm unable to check transformations at this moment but, it worked fine in Dev.

I don't have version as an attribute of material, so I don't know what else to do.

Please help

many thanks

Joana

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joana,

I've the same issue earlier, load of 0PRODORDER failed because of 0MATERIAL data. If I'm not wrong, successful records don't have data for 0MATERIAL. Please check

Also have a look at this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3158307

Regards

Chandu

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is due to special character,

(‘000000000001000000 ’) in this record there is a space after last 0,remove that space and load it again.

NOTE: Delete from all the records because in the error it will give only one record number

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anad

On OMSL I include space (' ~!@#$%^&*()_'"`-_/\|.'#[]`½@{}Ç\Ü$ALL_CAPITAL.). Shouldn't this allow the loading of data?

How can I remove the space after last 0? On PSA, values are ok (no space after last 0).

Many Thanks

Joana

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other thing:

If i enter Error stack in the DTP monitor, and i click on the detail of the rows, material doens't show any space after the 0.

Can you please assist?

Thanks

Joana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joanna,

please invest some time reading these 2 excellent blogs.  About facts & myths of RSKC & unallowed characters.  Also read the comments below, very interesting and probably an answer to your question.

http://scn.sap.com/people/eugene.khusainov/blog/2006/07/08/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and...

http://scn.sap.com/people/eugene.khusainov/blog/2006/07/23/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joana,

we have got same problem. beacuse there are duplicate records in the masterdata. there are two records coming for original material and the second material is coming with space.

for ex : if there is material "1000" and the second material is "1000 ". .

selct the error record and select the edit button then goto material if you place the cursor in material,you cans see the space between material no. and cursor.

we have given the following resolution for our project is...

material master is full load . while loading ...the process chain will fail and we edited the record and delete the space and repeat the process chain"

and we changed to delta update.

if we donot change to delta update. the process chain will fail every day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the PSA doesn't have any duplicates, then it could happen in the  transformation. Check if there is more than one Rule group or if there is any start / end routine adding rows or modifying key.

The most detailed way to check it is running debugger - filter the DTP only on material number which ends in the Error stack. Set the breakpoint for example in the end routine and inspect the result package.

Otherwise you can check the flag "Handle Duplicate Record Key" in DTP settings (second folder) to enable duplicates processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One note: values in the PSA are correct.. no duplicates