cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity calculation for the work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi masters

In transaction code OIOI i did the setting for capacity calculation at the time of order creation and order release.

capacity of the work center is 8 hours

i created one order on 4-4-2012 and operation time is 9am to 6pm ( 9 hours ) and  i released that order after that i created another order for the different equipment on the same date same time and the order is created easily without any restriction and after that i created one more order for different equipment with same data and now when i am trying to release it the warraning message is generated.

problem is this if capacity is only 8 hours then how can the system created the order and not restricted for creation of order pluse capacity in order is more then the excisting capacity in work center then why system not restricted or generate the warraning of over load

kindly suggest me path so that i can solve by both problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

In Tr Code OIOI  Capacity availability tab there is check box for NO check is selected or not.

Please check in IR03 your work center capacity.

What is shift time  or operating time ,capacity utilization  and number of individual capacity maintained in work center. Any percentage is maintained in overload.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx  Shailendra

No Check = (not mark)

operating time 09:00:00 to 17:30:00 leanth of break 00:30:00 minuts

no. of . indiv. cap = 2               capacity utilization = 100          overload =100%

Relevent to finite scheduling = X (mark)

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

In first order you did not get any message because it has available capacity.

In second order also you did not get any message because you might have entered capcities in order operation tab as 1 for both 1st & 2nd order.

Actually you have available capcity = Time x no. of individuals x % cap. utilization x over load = 8 x 2 x (100/100) x (100/100)=16 Hrs.

In first order you have utilized 8 hrs & 2nd order also you have utilzed 8 hrs, so total capcilty allocation is done. Thats when you cerated 3rd order you got the warning message as there were no available capacity.

If you want to block the order if capcity is insufficient, then you must select the Collective Conversion in OIOI as '3:No Creation if there is insufficient capacity'.

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sundar,

i have bit dout. about your formula.

Actually you have available capcity = Time x no. of individuals x % cap. utilization x over load = 8 x 2 x (100/100) x (100/100)=16 Hrs.  it's fine

but in my company the over load "0"% that means the total Hr is "ZERO" ...

if i am wrong plz clear my dout..

thank you

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Your total Capacity is : 8*2= 16 hrs

As you utilization is 100% means you can used full 16 hours.

Thats why after second order its giving warning message.

Shail