Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorg master data

former_member372548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never used this step in process chain before and would like to try this in BW7.0 and 7.3. Is it a wise idea to introduce this step with this new BW version. I would appreciate if you can share your experiences having this steps in PC. Any reccomendation will be very appreciate.

Regards

BW team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using this process in my process chain,I can share you the following things,

If you use Reorganize MD, it will run a program RSPROCESS in the background.And this process will complete in seconds time, some times 0 seconds also.There wont be any problem if I skip this step when I am doing manually.

The following image is the background steps capture from SM37.Back ground job name is  BI_PROCESS_MDREORG

Regards,

Anand.

former_member372548
Participant
0 Kudos

Anand,

Are you using Delta load (InfoPack, DTP) or full in you PC.

Thanks

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Master data full upload,using Infopackage.(3.5 version).

former_member372548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your great input. Just wondering if or any issues you are facing on Reorg step. Would you reccomend to have this step added to PC for those who never used this function in the PC before. We are in BW 7.0 version currently.

Thanks

BW team

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I recommend you to maintain this process in your process chain if the master data object usage is more.It will reduce the data volume and improves the performance.

Arrange the time (process time in PC) to avoid the deadlock situation with other process chain which is using the same object for loading/attr. change run.

Regards,

anand.

former_member372548
Participant
0 Kudos

I am guessing Reorg is used only in the MD with Text/Attr that are Time Dep, Time Independent OR can it be used for MD without Time Dep/Indep. 

Also, would it be wise to create a seperate PC that only run Reorg step or should we add it to existing PC that has MD load.

Thanks

BW Team

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any strong reason for your guess?

My Master data is Independent...and i suggest you to use existing Process chain after attribute change run.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi

Have a look at the below link which gives clear explanation about Master Data Re-Organization.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/c7/b05e3cc3a1a62ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

When we run this in process chain, it internally calls the functional module RSDMD_REORG_P_Q_T_TABLE.

Regards,

Venkatesh.