cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG42 Template preview issue with word settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating the template in CG42, by clicking on start preview. Not appearing as i maintained in the template.

it's appearing as clubbed data. no space, not in different lines as i maintained in the template.

Graphics also not appearing.

If any one experienced it before. please share your knowledge.

Regards

kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Can you post part of your code or attach part of it as a word file?

Is it possible your paragraph symbols/carriadge returns are formatted as "hidden"? This would explain why data appears as clubbed data without space on the same line, ....

How do you want to display the graphics?

Kind regards,

Luk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luk,

Can you explain it elaborative?

In the template No graphic involved. It's purely descriptor symbols. making a cover sheet template.

The space is not appearing between 2 phrases in preview, eventhough i am using the space bar in template. Tab and Enter also used in the template to differentiate the phrases. but final output in preview showing as clubbed data.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

WWI works with coding in hidden text (check formatting, where you can choose to make text hidden).

Probably, part of your tabs, spaces, carriadge returns, are also formatted as hidden. That's why, in edit mode, you can see your tabs, spaces, ... and in the preview you cannot.

If you want more elaborate explanation, you should add a copy of a test template, where you experience this behaviour.

Kind regards,

Luk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Controlled the data using the tables.

Regards

kamal

sruthi_srinivasan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I have a question regarding MSDS distribution.

We have a client scenario wherein client has a legacy system generating MSDS. They want to use SAP to only import the MSDS and ship it to the correct customer. To be honest, SAP EHS is a little new to me, and I have been following a lot of links to learn and understand better.

Since the client is happy with their existing system, they do not want to go for a full blown Specification Database in SAP for MSDS Shipping. I have the following questions (some of them basic) in this regard.

1. Can we use CG36 for importing the MSDS into SAP?

2. What are the system requirements for this - like do we need WWI, Spec database, DMS etc?

3. What would be the master data requirements or in general any data requirements?

4. Configuration to be done

5. Any customization required? since client is looking at this mostly as an MSDS interface..

6. Where will the file get uploaded? What will be the subsequent steps in the process?

I would much appreciate your inputs on this. I had read a similar scenario called MSDS distribution without WWI or EH&S Property tree      in another website, where you had posted your comments. Only in this case, they used the CG36VEN Tcode since MSDS was from Subcontractor. In my case, the MSDS is a legacy generated ready to use file, which just has to be shipped through SAP.

Please help!

Thank you,

Sruthi