I am trying to deploy a crystal report onto a server for use in an asp.net web page. Crystal Version 13.0.2, IIS 7.5, Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. I have this working on my development machine (installed as 32-bit). I have installed the crystal 13 (32-bit) runtime on the server, but no aspnet_client folder showed up, and the only viewer folder I can find is under 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers'. The web page with the viewer on it comes up totally blank on the server. No errors, no viewer, no nothing, just a total white page.
Do I need to install something else?
I think you're using the orginal release MSI. Let's try SP3:
Using this article: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/vscrystalreports/thread/ef56f72b-7ede-47d8-ba9e-9e63b9ac0203. I was able to bring up the page. I simply have a report with a textbox on it. No database involved. The viewer still does not display. The text on the page itself is displaying, but nothing else. No errors either. How do I troubleshoot this?
Try copying the CR Viewers folder from here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers
Thank the Lord I got it. I removed the following from my web config, and it worked! So the article I referenced above was close, but not exact (at least for my circumstance). Thanks so much for all the help!!
<add key="ResourceUri" value="/crystalreportviewers13"/>
that makes sense. The resourceUri property allows you to specify the location of the viewers directory. In this case, it would be expecting the viewers directory to be a physical folder at the root of your web application. The tag is only added manually, so this must have been set up at some point. The purpose of being able to do this is to help with accessing the viewer dirctory when the application is fronted by a proxy server and the relative pathing does not work through the proxy.
Good that it worked, however, Just as a test, put the code back in your web.config, and add a '~' operater in front of /crystalreportviewers13
It should look like this
<add key="ResourceUri" value="~/crystalreportviewers13"/>
See if it works.