cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding methods in 8.82

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have some rounding issue with on of our customers. In any SAP document linetotal in customer's DB calculating not in the same way, how with all other DB. It's looks like discount applies to price, then rounding and then summed to linetotal, whereas for other customer's DB discount applies to linetotal after price summation. For example, in problem database we can change linetotal and we will get this numbers:

Instead of all other DB, where we get this numbers:

We unsuccessfully tried to find the appropriate settings. Can anyone tell us, what is the reason of such behavior?

--

Kind Regards,

Alexander.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it caused by applying linetotal column.

That has made  the discount column is not empty.

Recently, our B1 support customer experienced the same issue with you but it is in the service type document. Their document have  a discount value in the discount column when they apply value in the line total column. So. I suggest them to apply value in unit price rather than linetotal each time they create documents in B1

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, customer need to change exactly linetotal. But thank you anyway.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is okay if the customer need to change exactly linetotal.

I have reproduced your scenario in my 8.82 demo db.

I see the discount column is automatically input by the system when the user changes the linetotal from its original amount and the unit price is not being empty when the user is changing the line total

If the user ever changes the line total after input the linetotal, the BP master data must use empty price list in the BP master data so that the unit price is empty in the document. What I mean here is the items in the price list have no base price that will make the unit price of the items is empty in the unit price column.

If the unit price must not be empty because this scenario rarely happened, the user must delete the unit price before entering the amount in the linetotal. After the unit price is empty, the user can enter the amount in the line total. When the user want to change the line total, just delete the unit price first prior to change it

Rgds,

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we do so, it will be a problem in future:

we create AP Reserve Invoice with line from screenshot

quantity: 2000

linetotal: $556

So, item price will be 0.28 after rounding.

Then we add Goods Reciept PO and changing a document date for example. Our linetotal will be recalculated (2000*0.28=560) and we can't change linetotal anymore.

There is no such problem in other DB, because when we changing linetotal in AP Reserve Invoice, discount value calculates right: it will be 30.5%, not a 30%. And in Goods Reciept PO linetotal after recalculating will still be $556.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No way. That's not a problem. SAP have set that the formula predefined unit price or defined-unit price x quantity = linetotal is valid in the document rows.

Based on your last scenario, if you do not have default unit price and you enter the line total $556 with 2,000 unit quantity, the unit price calculation formula will exactly be linetotal / quantity. if you have default unit price but the line total is not using the formula unit price x quantity, then the discount value will be automatically entered by the system based on the  linetotal amount / quantity

Rgds,

JimM

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rounding settings are in Administration -> Setup -> Financials -> Currencies.  Then in the currencies window scroll to the right to finding round method and how many decimal places to round to.  Verify that all DB's have this set the same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your assumption, but this settings is set  to the same value.