Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 4.6C Installation With Oracle Version 10.2 - Note 946141

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to do for my self-training, some technical SAP activities, I want to do a SAP upgrade from SAP R/3 4.6C to SAP ECC 6.0 (Linux X86_64 / Oracle DB), but first I´m doing the installation of SAP R/3 4.6C SR2 and I want to do that with Oracle DB version 10.2g!

I searched for the requirements to make this, and I realized this is only possible if I use the SAP Kernel versions 4.6D_EXT! 

I found the following sap notes: 940794 and 946141 which I believe they are the most important sap notes which contain the information that I must carry out for this kind of activity!

But now, I´m facing a big doubt regarding the instructions that are contained in sap note 946141... I´m a little confused with the explanation in Updating the Kernel Medium chapter! So, I ask you some help, in way to explain me please with more details what I have to do in this point.... as you can see in there, there are 6 points, I already did the first, the second, the third and the fourth point but now I don´t know what I have to do in the fifth point (respected the: 64-Bit 4.6D_EXT kernel for Linux x86_64 only) that is, in my view, very confusing:

64-Bit 4.6D_EXT kernel for Linux x86_64 only:

Extract 32bit SAPEXEDB.SAR (R3SETUP needs 32bit dboraslib) with the command tar -xvf <Path to SAPEXEDB.SAR> -R <temp-sapexedb32-dir> and then replace SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR (you can find it under <destination folder>/Unix/Linux_32) with the respective 64-bit versions that you can find under "http://service.sap.com/swdc --> Support Packages and Patches.

Caution: Do not forget to rename the SAR packages found there as SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR. Then follow the instructions in SAP Note 816145.

Someone explain me with more details what I have to do...?!

Kind regards,
JDimas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Any tip!? Can you help me please!?

Best regards,

JDimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

i understand that you haven't still installed the 4.6C kernel based SAP System.

I think you could install it on Oracle 9.2, and then after upgrade the DB to Oracle 10.2.

Check following notes for more info about SAP integration with Oracle 10.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

It means that extract SAPEXEDB.SAR firstly to the "<temp-sapexedb32-dir>". So R3SETUP will use 32-bit library.

Then, download latest SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR from SAP Marketplace and replace with existing files. As a rule of thumb, do not forget to backup existing SAR files, before replace with them.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik