cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot connect to Server error" while connecting mobile apps SAP FinCustFactSheet

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed and configured SAP Mobile Apps.

I am getting error while trying to connect to the backend server using the Android apps "SAP Customer Financial Fact Sheet".

The error I am getting is "Cannot connect to server" on the device.

I am getting this error while clicking the "Company Code" selection item in settings.

When I check the SUP server, I am able to see the status "Online" against my Application Connection.

Means I the app is able to connect upto SUP.

Inorder to rule out the accessibility of SAP backend server from the device, I tried calling the oData service FINCUSTFACTSHEET URL from the device browser.

Its working fine. I am able to see the output.

In the server settings of the app, I am unable to figure the exact value which needs to be entered for the field "Company ID".

I am unable to recollect any mention of this field in any of the documents either.

If I skip this field, I am unable to activate the server login, hence I believe this is mandatory.

I am unable to figure out any log files where I can get usefull information regarding the error.

Can anyone help me how to troubleshoot this error?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Company ID usually refers to the Farm ID of the Relay Server.

If you are not sure what its value is it is likely you are not using a relay server. The appropriate value is "0".

>Inorder to rule out the accessibility of SAP backend server from the device, I tried calling the oData service FINCUSTFACTSHEET URL from the device browser.

Actually, it is not strictly necessary for the device to be able to talk to the SAP server's end point URL/Port. It is enough if the SUP server is able to talk to the SAP server.

Are you able to access the Service endpoint URL from internet browser from your SUP/DataProxy server?

hth

pj

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ponnusamy,

I figured out the major issue. I had missed the domain details while registering the application.

Now it is working perfectly fine.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Ram.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

I'm trying to connect one of the RDS application from my Ipad and I'm in a trouble becouese datas are not being download to the device.

I tell you my scencario:

1º The part of the backend is runnning perfectly. I test the service and I see the XML.The URL generated is http://myserver:8000/sap/opu/odata/mive/employeelookup/

2º In the machine where I have installed Sybase, I can also see the same URL.

3º The  problem is when I create a new proxy end point connection to my application from SCC. I always receive the next message: Endpoint test result: Unauthorized. The user I'm using is created in the SCC, Gateway and backend with the same password.

Where is the problem? Any security configuration?

I would like to add that I have not configured the relay server. I want to test the application in a enviroment for testing.

Thanks.