0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 8:16 AM by Arijit Bhattacharya RSS

How to create a new tab with only decision based tasks

Arijit Bhattacharya
Currently Being Moderated

Hello UWL experts ,

I have a specific client requirement .The requirement is as follows

Requirement : Currently we have 2 UWL iviews pointing to 2 separate XML files ,one is standard and the other one is custom made. We want to add a tab to the custom made UWL main page (generated from the custom XML file) for only decision based tasks.

Issue faced : When I am using UWL wizard to create a new tab,its only picking up the standard UWL main page which points to the standard XML . So creation of a new tab  is becoming possible only in the standard UWL main page.

Workaround tried : I created a new tab on the standard XML file via the wizard.Now I copied the whole content which got newly generated for the creation of the new tab from the standard XML file and pasted in my custom made XML file so as not to miss any tag in manual coding.I simply changed the View name and Navigation node name to the name I want to keep for the new tab.

Result :  I get a new tab alright in the custom UWL main page but when I click on this tab I get a runtime error -

! Unable to perform the request. Try again and if the problem persists, inform your system administrator.

When I click again it gives me a Java Runtime error

java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.Tab:com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ComponentClassLoader@2e485858@service:webdynpro incompatible with interface com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDUIElement:com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ComponentClassLoader@2e485858@service:webdynpro

at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.UWLMainView.onActionSelectNavigation(UWLMainView.java:833)

at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui.wdp.InternalUWLMainView.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalUWLMainView.java:490)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:420)

... 26 more

Please advise what needs to be done to correct this .

Regards,

Arijit

Actions