cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields replication in Installed Base

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dears,

I have scenario where we need to replicate the custom fields from R/3 to CRM and mapping.

i created custom fields thru set type attributes and assigned the set type to hierarchy(R3PRODSTYP)-->Category-->Object Family(0401 Equipment). Now i am able to see the custom fields in IB53 -->component detail.

Now i would like to know the actual part of my requirement i.e. replicating the custom fields created in R/3 to custom fields created thru set types in CRM.

could you please provide me the solution how can we acheive this, it would be great if you can share sample code.

Systems : R/3 6.0 and CRM 7.0 EHP1.

please please reply to this soon because i need this bit urgent.

Thanks in Advacne!

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

I do not have an asnwer to the question of yours on how to replicate data from ECC to your custom attributes in CRM.

But I have question on set type thing as I have a similar scenario.

The question I have is when you create your set types and attirbutes for the custom field to show up in Component detail - So  are you able to edit this field from component detail in IB52 ?

I think not, since this a actually a product view so this custome field can be only maintained from COMMPR01..right ?

Is their a way through configuration wherein we can have a custom field appear at the component level in the "compoenent details" section at the top instead of in the product views?

I am not looking at EEWB approach for now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks