cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material valuated at zero stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I am facing a situation in which the opening stock for the material is zero but it is showing a price for zero stock, i.e material is being valuated for zero quantity. I find this is MB5B. For the same material no material documents are found related to this in any transaction. Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have an issue only if you have a value in total value field for MM accounting view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nair,

When there no stock how material docment will get created.

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

there is no material document related to tha transaction. What I am facing is for zero stock I am getting a value, i.e in MB5B i can see the opening stock from the earliest date as zero but value is present for that stock. Even before the first ever transaction for the material was made.

hope you understood what my problem is

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi senthil

yes thats the case exactly as you are saying so. I can see the stock as zero and value as some amount. Can you specify what the discrepancy is. I have the same trouble for other materials too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

stock value = stock * price.. but as you and everyone of us said this is a discrepancy in MB5B only or even in the table.. did you check the MBEW, MBEWH, MARDH and MSEG table? If these tables are fine perhaps its not a big problem and issue is with only MB5B behaviour.

If you checked all the options mentioned by all the freinds, then you have raise a ticket to SAP to fix your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This OSS notes clearly explain your issue and the fix. Implement this note check.

Note 1278202 - MB5B Valuated Stock mode: Open Stock = 0 and Open Value <> 0

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

we have two option there in MB5B

hierarchical and non-hierarchical

try analyses by hierarchical option you will get details in that

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Price and stock value are totally different. You can have a price(MAP or standard) without even having stock. but stock value is calculated by stock*qty = stock value. If there is no stock, only stock value will be different.

so check in material master, whether you're checking at price or value.

To check the stock and stock, use MC.9 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my case i am finding this in MB5B, and that is for stock. For opening balance on an earlier date before any transactions for the material has been done I found the stock to be zero but the value at some rupees.

So I wanted to know from where am I getting this value for zero stock. There has been no initial upload or any other material document relating the same in MB51 or even in the tables MSEG/MKPF

Please help

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Tables MBEW & MBEWH for the Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say "opening stock" shows zero Qty. but "opening value" shows some value. If yes, there is a discrepancy in your system.. can you post the screen shot of your MB5B?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it initial stock or there was stock and it has been consumed and currently stock is zero? in that case it could have MAP or Std. Price in material.

However, if it is initial stock, than check if there is any direct entries like MR21 made on this material.

Regards,

Dakshesh