cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SendGovernor service failing despite registry entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a test Virtualbox installation of SAP BPC 7.5 (MS) which I use as my sandbox for development / demo purposes.

It's giving the "SendGovernor service failed to start" error, despite the fact that I have added the "DependonService" registry entry as per the installation manual (pg 38).

I've added the entry on other servers successfully, but on this one it just doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Further info:

1.) Single Server install

2.) OS: MS Windows 2003 R2 Std 32 bit Service Pack 2

3.) MS SQL Server 2008 R2 32 bit (10.5.1600)

4.) SAP BPC 7.5 SP6 (MS)

5.) In the Services, right-clicking on "BPC SendGovernor Service" & checking Dependencies under Properties shows that "COM+ System Application" is registered as a dependency.

6.) The "BPC ServiceManager Service" also fails (shows up in Event log directly after the SendGovernor error)

7.) Checking services directly after the error pops up shows both above services as "Started"

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Peter!

Did you solve the problem? We have similar issue: BPC ServiceManager and SendGovernor services periodically falls

Our environment:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standart SP1

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) - 10.50.2500.0 (X64)

SAP BPC 7.5 SP6 (MS)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,
last logged in of Peter Bellis is Nov 22, 2013 10:08 AM, so it's very hard that it will reconnect to answer to your issue, for the future please read Dr. Frankenstein - please stop reanimating the dead

Regards

Roberto