cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to display Storage Bin field in MM02/MM03 under plant data/stor. 1 view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

User has requested to display Storage bin field in plant data/stor. 1 view in material master. I have attached below screen shot for your reference.

Storage Bin field is hidden for the material under plant 8010, sloc 0003. But for the same material, Storage Bin field is getting displayed under plant 2075, sloc 0001

Please suggest how can I enable this field for that material and revert if you need more input.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rudresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello All,

Thank you all for your effort.

I got the solution....

Storage Bin field is not getting displayed because the material XXXXXX is not maintained at plant/storage location level for the view Plant data / stor. 1.

Message no. M3245 is getting displayed while displaying the view Plant data / stor. 1.

Hence we need to extend the material at Plant level/ Sloc level for the view Plant data / stor. 1..

Thank you again.

Regards,

Rudresh

0 Kudos

Thank You!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

tejyadav
Active Contributor

When you are opening the material with MM02 or MM03, In Org. data give  Plant as well as Storage location then you will see Storage Bin, If you select only Plant & Check Storage Bin will not be seen, Check & Confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

I am providing both input. But not able to get Storage Bin field.

Thanks,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works the same way for me as Tej has said. When the storage location is not given, storage bin is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  what i have given path...that is correct then  field serial number select as 75 thats is MARD-LGPBE...filed...check all fields...whether optional or there or not....  Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I dint understand what ur mean to say.....

I checkd MARD-LGPBE field in OMS9 for material type FERT (as my material is of this type), radio button is selected as optional entry....Plz refer the below screen shot...

But as per my knowledge, if I select the round box "Display", it will display Storage bin field for all the material with material type ( FERT ) and for all plants.

Plz suggest how to move ahead on this requirement.

Thanks,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO--->Logistics general--->Material master--->Field selection--->Define plant specific field selection.

Regards,

phani.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you plz describe the step by step procedure to display the storage bin field.. I am new to SAP-MM.......

Regards,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am still waiting for the correct answer for this requirement...

Plz help me...

Thanks,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the field reference maintained at the plant level in the below path.

SPRO--->Logistics general--->Material master--->Field selection--->Define plant specific field selection.

Then check the field selection against the field reference in  say for eg:001,002 etc.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

There is no entry for plant 8010 in OMSA or SPRO--->Logistics general--->Material master--->Field selection--->Define plant specific field selection.

Hi Experts,

Pls suggest step by step procedure and revert if u need more input..

Thanks,

Rudresh

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps for making display of Storage bin field for your material master

1. Do click the Field of Storage bin,and get the field name as MARD-LGPBE ( Press F1 & Then Press technical information)

2.Use T Code: OMSR and enter that field name MARD-LGPBE and get Selection Group 82

3. Use T Code: OMS2 and click your material type ( with which the material is created) and in next screen check and find *Field reference

4. Use T Code:OMS9 and double Click  *Field Reference (which assigned to materail type) and select field selection Group 82 & select round box of "Display"  and save.

Now create material with MM01 t.code and you will have Storage bin field as display

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks for your help.

But it seems that if we select the round box "Display", it will display Storage bin field for all the material with same material type and for all plants.

Right now, it is selected as Optional entry. We need to display this field only for given specific plant.

I think there must be some setting where we can display this for a particular plant.

Please revert if more inputs required.

Thanks,

Rudresh

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the both the material types are same.If not then which is one not displayed one filed settings.

If both materials are same is Warehouse views extended or not ?.I guess in your case material type is same.Check is the plant warehouse manged or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Material type is same as both are the same material.

Warehouse is not maintained for both plant 8010 & 2075, but Storage Bin field is getting displayed for plant 2075 but not for 8010.

It seems that there must be some setting where we can enable this field at plant level as you can see, space is available on the screen below Base unit of Measure field.

Thanks,

Rudresh