cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map weight loss of a material as scrap

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have requirement like user issues raw meat to a freezing plant for freezing purpose throu using subcontracting process.

While freezing for months there is weight loss to the frozen material which need to handle.

I am planning to handle as scrap material. Please let me know your suggestion whether my approach is correct.

If so how we can valuate that material

Please provide the solution in steps for the above requirement.

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member331858
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by everyone, use 551 movement to scrap the stock.

Bring back the material through 542 movement with scrap reason code, and then do 551 for the same.

For your future tracking and reference the reason code will be helpful.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your business scenario is interesting ...  that wet loss which you are treating as scrap is correct procedure..

You only need to do:

Scrap the quantity loss with 551 movement type ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you deal with food industry, you might think about the funtionality "catch weight management"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8b/89143f81208536e10000000a114084/content.htm

If you follow the scrapping process, you also need to identify/create a GL acccount and cost center to incur this loss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!! we are using CWM, so we have materials where base unit "UNIT" and valuation unit "KG",  as materials weight loss, so we need to scrap weight  but the units are the same only its weight have been change. However using 551 movement we can´t only register weight, the system requieres quantity for both measurement units.

But we need to make this movement:
Movement: 551
Quantity for Base unit: 0 unit
Quantity for Valuation unit: 1 kg

What we can do?

Thanks in advance!!

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Materail loss due to moisture contaioned in it like coal transport or any powder chemical transport,
you can follow below process which are handled material loss due to moisture.

Either Scrap the material it with 551 movemnt type by knowing actual quantrity loss  OR do physical Inventory by creating physical document,count result and post the difference( MI01, MI04 and MI07)

But in your case , as you are following subcontract process and sending material meat to vendor,
so stock is with vendor but all stock with vendor are valuated in your plant level, Just receive the material( which is actual quantrity loss & need to be scraped) with MB1B with 542 movement type, so stock back to your plant(company) now & then scrap it with MB1A with 551movement type.

Regards,

Biju K

0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

1) Use a weight unit like "KG" or "LB" as its base unit.

2) When the weight reduces at the subcontractor, there are 2 ways to srap this material

- Bring back the entire stock and scrap the reduced quantity at your location or

- Scrap the reduced stock at the vendor location using 551 (o) i.e scrap subcontracted stock