cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGROUP , PDIR use in consolidaiton,ownership

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have following question on ownership application and appreciate inputs...

1> Is it essestial to give the PGROUP detail in ownership data if the ownership package is not executed after entering the data?

We are entering the POWN, PDIR and METHOD in ownership application, but the ownership package is not excuted, but only the consolidaiton package is executed.

Is the PGROUP is referred during the 'consolidation pakage while execution?Which package uses the PGROUP?Appreciate inputs.

2>How is PDIR dimension used? WHat does it signify.

It is used by ownership or consolidation package?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PGROUP should be mentioned in the application parameters for the Ownership application. The consolidation package then checks whether it carries a value for a company and only includes the company if there is a value on the account. I don't think it makes a difference of you have a value of 1 for all entities or a consecutive number (1,2,3 ...).

How PDIR is used depends on your consolidation rules, if they do not mention PDIR anywhere then it is not used during the consolidation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

PGROUP will be the entity position under group. That is what you want to say. And maintaining consecutive numbers or maintaining 1 will not make any different. I am not clear. I think based on position in group, the calculation of ownership at group level will be determine.

Thanks,

Ravindra