Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vat config. if c form is submitted

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have vat for 3 scenarios .inter state 14.5,intra state 14.5% and intra state 5% if the customers submitts cform.i was successful in configuring 14.5% both for inter state intra state using reg.of del.plant/region/tax claf 1-cust/mat tax classif combination.but i could not implement the 3rd situation wheter the customer form a different state submitts a c for and then VAT is only 5%.how can i do this.please suggest.

right now iam planning to have 2 vat condition types in the pricing procedure vat1-14.5% vat2-5% and make the mutually exclusive and create an user exit for requirement for one with 5 %  and logic is

1,region of del,plant=region of ship to then vat1 should trigger and the other one vat2 should not be applied

2.region of del,plant # region of ship to then

check for field in sales order where we enter the c form no ,

if this field is not equal to sapce ie if there in a no in that field

trigger vat2=5% only but not vat1

this is definetley lengthy process and need some development

please suggest if u have any better solution for this

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

Can you please let me know in which case VAT will be charged in case of interstate transaction ?

Since C-form is applicable only for interstate transaction. Idealy C-form indicator must be on customer

Check yr customer tax classification ..there must be VAT and CST indicator sperately.

Regards

Sanjay

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sanjay,

right now the config is in such a wat that we have just one condition type for vat with condition records as 14.5% .we dont have it as vat and cst separately.so

vat=14.5 if 1.the buyer in with in the state

2.outside the state with out cform

vat=5 if the buyer is outside the state and submitting c form

how should we maintain c form indicator.is it in tax classification of the customer.what if we dont have that info with us right now and cant be maintained in the customer master.

what is the way to apply it at the transaction level ie use should enter the c form no in the order nad 5%vat should be applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Km,

cust tax classification

0 - Tax emempt, 1 - full tax , 2 - concessional tax

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

Idealy the statutory reporting of Local and interstate transactions happens seperately at the time of submission of Tax return. Hence you must configure another tax category at customer level for CST (inetrstate transactions)

Please process as follows:

1. tcode OVK1- create tax category as JCST(JCST will be configured a new condition type under tax category and check whether same access seq of VAT can be used)

2.OVK3- Assign tax category and relevant indicator (e.g.1- no form c and 2- C-form)

3. Assign the indicator in Tax classification of customer.

4.Create the condition record.

In case of JCST obvioulsy the region of delivering plant and ship to party region will be different and hecne when regio of del. plant=ship to party-->JVAT will appear else JCST will apear.

Now coming to yr requirement if the C-form requirement varies on transaction to transaction than you can change indicator at sales order-->header details >>Billing tab

Config and check the results.

Rd's

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to sanjay's input, If you are going with creating a new tax condtion type for CST ,make sure your access sequnece contatins the table with field of "Customer tax classification2" , else the tax calculation will not happent correctly.

Thanks,

Srini

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

Appreciate. You have explained it very well.

Hello K M,

Just follow Sanjay's suggestion & things will be done. The users will have to just select a Tax Classification Indicator in Sales Order Header & then system will automatically pick the required Condition Records.

No need for any enhancements or User - Exits.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Km,

you can try for the 3rd scenario as follows,

in mat master you can mention 0 tax exempt, 1 full tax , 2 concessional tax even in cust master same thing can be followed, with this you can achieve because this is common scenario accros the country.

Thanks

VSA

former_member405498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aasish,

when i spoke to the local business in india they told me that they dont have any mastr data about the customer whether the customer is going to submit the c form or not.the c form entry has to be done at the transaction level and the concessional tax should trigger,if the end user enters some where in the sales order that the customer is submitting the c form.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM;

in that case you please configure in customer tax classification instead of mat master, this will allow you to change at the time of transaction, in SO go to header billingdocument tab here you can find Alt tax classification. In normal situation customer will be charged full in case if they provide concessioanl form you can select required tax.

Thanks

VSA