cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP query SQ01 needs to run in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have one SAP query in SQ01 which business wants to run in background & store on one local drive in an excel format.

Even if I ran it in background by giving the local drive path in output format, it's not creating an excel file in that local drive.

When I ran this in foreground after executing by giving the local drive path, the very next pop-up is coming for asking "File name"

& "Data Format". Which I need key in manually in foreground.

So, because of this thing it's not creating a file from background as in background we're not having any control on this pop-up?

How we can achieve this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Background jobs do not have access to local drives. You can search  ABAP SCN forums and there are numerous threads about this.

If you really want data from the background job, you need to enter email addres of the user who wants it and the background job will email it to user. As shown below

Your SCOT tcode >> SMTP node >> Internet (Set) should have setting something like below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeevan,

We're on SAP 4.6C which is having below setting for sending a mail.Please advise.

Also how can I add multiple recipients in "Spool list recipient"?

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enter only one email address in that "Spool List Recipeint" pop up window. If you want to send the report to multiple email address you need to create a distribution list (private/shared, shared preferably)

You can do it from SBWP tcode and click distribution list or go to transaction code SO15 directly.

Follow the screeshots below :

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking for the same information here, the SCOT-->SMTP settings resolved. I want to thank you and snapshot really helped clearly understand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ar,

Refer to the below document for the same.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51968

Regards,

Thanga