Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 SP08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently on PI 7.11 SP05.

Is it true that SAP has already released SP08 where SFTP adapter is part of them.

What are the general procedure to apply this service pack.

What are all the things that we need to take care while upgrading from SP05 to SP08.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The upgrade is pretty forward. We did the same and we have faced no issues.

About the adapter, yes it is available with SP08 on PI7.11. You can refer the below blog since i have already tested it out

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/11/sap-sftp-sender-adapter-a-quick-w...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer to your question "Is it true that SAP has already released SP08 where SFTP adapter is part of them." is NO.

SPS 08 for 7.11 is out but since last year, the latest SPS is 09. The link provided above says that PI 7.11 SP08 onwards support SFTP adapter. It doesn't mean that the adapter comes with the SP upgrade. So once you upgrade, you can deploy SFTP adapter (available free on marketplace).

Applying an SP technically may not be a big task, however requires complete tests of your existing interfaces. Therefore an appropriate testing strategy must be in place before you think about the upgrade. If you are not a Basis consultant, the questions around SPs are difficult to grab. Involve a Basis team member for the upgrade. If you are the Basis, you may open a Discussion in NetWeaver Admin forum for more appropriate answers.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is very much true..chk this article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a01c3be7-4664-2f10-6085-81009d3b4...

most of the SP upgrades are quite stable and doesnt impact the system  but still u can chk side effect report for the respective SAP Stack ....do a search on marketplace u wil find the same

(recently i have done SP upgrade in one of my landscape and it was a breeze ) but still u can test some of the critical interfaces to make sure ur interfaces are working fine..

Message was edited by: Amit Srivastava