Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual pop up in QA32

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

while inputting results for inspection characteristics (QA32) MANUAL POP is appearing and its making my process very lengthy and labourious. please guide me how i can remove this POP up and let it automatic.

this is happening in one of the new plant. in rest of the plants its automatic. checked and compared plant settings, sample procedure, inpection plan characterics view but no sucess in bypassing this POP up.

i have been reviewing online suggestion but nothing is helping.

your prompt response is highly appreciate.

thanks,

Coolio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config:

Quality Management-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Settings at Plant Level

On the tab for Results Recording, check the value for "Recording Configuration".  You might have "Automatic close" for your other plants and "No background function" for your new plant.

The other possibility is that you created your users differently in the new plant.  You can set up the recording configuration as a user parameter.  However I suspect this is not the problem, but it could be a possibility.

FF

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

could you please elaborate this "The other possibility is that you created your users differently in the new plant"

i'm not expert on QM so if you could mention the transaction codes?

i checked SU3 for parameter ID QAE, QAN, and QAS in the user parameter SU3 and they all are marked X already.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out page 23 here:  http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMIMRR/QMIMRR.pdf

Then also check out this explanation of setting personal PID's. 

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=304495

If the users have been set up with any of these PID's in their accounts, it can affect how the automatic close is done.

The reason I said this is probably not the problem, is that a particular user, (such as your own account), should see the same behavior in ALL plants.  So if you see two different behaviors in the two plants while using the same login account, than the user parameters are not the issue.

However, you could as a "fix" give all the users one of the PID's described in the link such as QAE.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW,

The auto valuation and close will not function if the sampling procedure is incorrect or if the data recorded does not allow the system to make clear cut choice of accepted or rejected.

One other thing to check.  Are you using the same characteristics across all plants?  Or did you create new MIC's in the new plant?  If you created new ones, make sure the scope indicator is set to "fixed scope".  Auto valuation cannot be done when the other scope choices are used.

FF

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

i checked sample procedure and its ok. i even replaced it with the one used for other plants (which works ok in other plant) but still the POP up.

i tested the characteristics which is also used for other plant and it gave pop up.

Scope indicator is already FIXED.

this is furstrating because i analzed all the recommended setting and still this pop up is bugging me.

many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

i tried with all of these PID's mentioned and it still remains.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using SPC sampling procedures? I have had this happen before only with characteristics that had SPC sampling procedures.

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

i'm apparently CLOSE to it. please suggest further.

for the same plant i saw some other characterictics with automatic results input - that is no POP up appears for them. but for specific characteristics there is manual POP up prompt window.

Is that related to MIC or any other master data i'm missing ??

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

yes we use sampling procedure- please elaborate if you're asking something specific as i'm novice in QM.

LK LIQ Blk Liq

CHEMICAL Chemical

DFCAT Domino - catalog, automatic

DFNUM Domino - numeric, automatic

GENERAL General

INSPOIN2 Inspoin2

INSPOINT Inspoint

LOT COPY Lot Copy

MICRO Micro

RAWSUGAR Raw Sugar

STATS Stats

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

i even changed the sampling proc to the one that had the material not prompting for manual valuation-transaction QP02 but it didnt worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had the same scenario kindly change the valuation type and sampling type

try by using sampling type percentage and valuation type manual or valuation acc to chara  attributes

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

Nasir,

the similar attributed exists for other plant, but when i do RR for this of my plant its manual valuation.

FYI, we have auto valuaiton for all US plants and for non- US (recently created) this exists for some of the characteristics/ ,materials - few other material/ char in this plant are automatically valuated. so i wonder if this is master data related and if yes then where is the missing link ?

please suggest.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

SPC stands for "Statistical Process Control" and is e.g. reflected by valuation mode 800 in your sampling procedures.

MH

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, I have somefindings on this.

due to out rollout project most of the QM master data was imported to our new system and for that master data its prompting MANUAL POP UP, but if we copy master data and create the same data manually then its there are no POP-up.

i duplicated the MIC's and manually created another one to do RR and the one imported shows POP up and the one manually created via copying is OK.

so my question is what table/ transaction can i compare my the missing links  ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QPMK it the table with the MIC info in it.  You may also need to look the MIC's as they appear in the inspection plan.  That would be table PLMK.

And finally you'll want to see how the MIC values are stored once the results are recorded.  That data would be in table QAMR.  Spec data is in QAMV.

If you record multiple results for the same charac you need to look at QASE.

If you use inspection points or physical samples then you'll need to look at QAPP or QASR respectively.

Depending on exactly what you are doing and what type of recording and MIC you are using, there could be some other tables involved but these should get you started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is pop-up exactly.....can you please tell the description !

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

manual valuation pop up to accept/ reject the result for each of the inspection characteristics. transaction code QA32. i have something like 20-30 insp characteristics to be valuated and for each there is a POP up appearing.    

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

a pop window - saying. make a decision and you have to select either of the radio button- accept/ reject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its very much depends upon the "Valuation mode "selected  in the sampling procedure.

Check sampling procedure and make sure that its not "Manual valaution " .

Also note that whatever  valuation  you select in SP & data you enter in result recording  ,system should be able to determine the valuation of the mic automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer one of the recent thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3159890

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

Sujit,

i indeed verfied all these settings as i have been following the similar online threads but no sucess so far.

i have made comparision with the plant that has automatic valuation and it matches interm of settings and characteristics parameters, but still the pop up.

1. plant setting is 'no b/g fn.

2. all of my valuation codes are automatic and there is no manual one in sampling procedure.

3. In QP03 - i changes the sampling procedure for the insp char also but no sucess.

i have been working on this for quiet a while and its furstrating that i'm unable to find the catch.

your suggestion on this would be highly appreciate.