Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Synch up - how to avoid same ids being given to new users in SAPR3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have always faced this problem.

We have this STANDARD SAP LDAP Sychn up background job being run periodically.

This job checks for the NEW users created in Windows AD - and assigns normal general roles which are applicable for all employees.

We have the policy to assign roles based on position - which is indirect role assignment.

So every employee has a unique position created - hire to retire.

However there is a confusion on the user IDs which come from Windows AD.

E.g. : Harry Potter HARRYP - user id on windows AD / and in SAP R/3 user id.

User HarryP - leaves the co. Say had left the co in Jan 31 2012.

As per LDAP Synch up the user id is gone from Windows AD - and in SAP R/3 - for the user in SU01, shows the proper valid thro date as 31/1/2012.

Today 16th april 2012  - another employee HARRY PETER - USER ID HARRYP (is available on Windows AD) so is given to this employee.

New position generated for this employee - but same id HARRYP is being assigned as per the LDAP Sychn up job.

So when you check SU01 for this new user HARRY PETER - HARRYP - it picks up the old id, with valid thro date - and shows 31/1/2012.

But all other details are reflected as per new employee details HARRY PETER.

Under these circumstances, i have to manually edit - and remove the valid thro date.

So that the NEW user can login to the internal company portal etc.

I would like to know as to whether we could avoid this scenario.

It looks like SU01 and PA20 are looking at different things in the background in SAP.

I checked whether any possiblity to avoid this on AD level itself, i was not finding anything.

Or whether anything could be there - as a logic written, so that the system does not assign the windows AD blindly to any NEW USER being created in SAP.

Can anyone advise on this.

Many thanks

indu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

I would look at the feasibility of customizing the synchronization program (RSLADAPUSER_SYNC) to to set the valid thru' date of user IDs as per the valid thru's date of IT0105 Subtype 0001 maintained on user's personnel number. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks

Sandipan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

I would look at the feasibility of customizing the synchronization program (RSLADAPUSER_SYNC) to to set the valid thru' date of user IDs as per the valid thru's date of IT0105 Subtype 0001 maintained on user's personnel number. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Looks like you are maintaining the User End date or Valid to date in LDAP. See if you can map this (LDAPMAP) LDAP field to the SU01 Valid To Field and sync.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/49/15b93a38f43355e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Also you can look at changing this process of re-using the User ID in the future, which is not a good practice.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan /Ajesh.

Thanks. I will check this logic of the SAP standard program and try and understand what it is doing. And then speak with the Developers on this to create a Z program. As regards not to recycle the IDs on Windows AD - may be I will have to check with server team which controls the domain.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

indu