cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.01 Balance Sheet and P&L statement variance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue with regards to the report generated by transaction F.01 business area specific. I have two business areas BA01 and BA02, when I display data for example Controlling Area, CA01 for Company Code CC01 and added Business area BA01, it shows a huge differenct between (Blance sheet) Total Profit/Loss Current Year and (P&L)Net profit this is the same with BA02. But when I enter these two (BA01 and BA02) it has no variance and they're exactly equal. It seems that the business area individually displayed, the balance sheet and p&l have huge difference. What could be the cause?

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stifler,

Check GL Balances S_ALR_87012277. Identify cross business area transactions ?

Rgds

SumaMani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SumaMani,

Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean identify cross business area transactions? We have 2 Business area on one company code and it's statements are activated for Business areas. Please help! How to identify the cause of the variances.

Thanks,

Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Cross business area transactions are postings like

DR     xxxx     BA01

CR     yyyy     BA02

If you have not run F.5D to adjust them, then you will sure can not reconcile B/S with P&L.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ming..

If we run F.5D transaction will this balance the BA01 and BA02 if I'm to display them in F.01 separately?

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Stifler,

Yes F.5D (program SAPF180A) will post readjustment for business areas if the function for business area balance sheets is activated. Please read the documentation of the program (click 'i' button on the selection screen) for more information.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, balance sheet for business area is activated. But what is the impact of running this F.5D transaction? It seems that after executing it, it displays documents with errors and no further buttons I could select. How can I make sure that running this in production will balance the business areas individually and no other impacts will affect our balance sheet and P&L?

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

I tried using F.5D.. when I display sperately/individually BA01 or BA02.. still it isn't equal for the Total Profit/Loss Current Year amount and the amout for Net Profit. But when I display them with BA01 and BA02 together on F.01. they are equal. How come?

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sorry, I missed two points in my earlier posting. Firstly, you have to configure OBXM. You will need a clearing account. The adjustment postings will be posted to this account. If postings to AR, AP reconsiliation accounts, tax accounts, cash discount accounts and exchange rate accounts have blank business area (as it is supposed to), you will also need to assign ajustment account to those accounts. Secondly, F.5D will only calculate the adjustments. After you run it, you'll need to run F.5E to post the adjustment.

Hope this will be more helpful.

Regards,

Ming 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Your follow-up clarification is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

But I tried this in our Quality system. Seems the scenario is also present there:

When I display BA01 and BA02 together in F.01, I get equal Balance sheet and profit and loss, how ever when I display them individually, for example BA01 only, the bs and pl is not equal having an approximately 4million difference.. same as with BA02 having 2million difference.

I did F.5D and figured out on how to fix the errors, after which, I ran F.5E without any errors and Iwas successful in posting. I checked the F.01, hoping to have equalled it or at least determin if the posting was succesful, for the business areas and they are still the same as before. What could be best explanation of the root cause of this? How can I get them equal? Is there any other way?

Hoping for a reply.

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Stifler,

Have you included the adjustment accounts in the balance sheet structure?

Regards,

Ming

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible that Business Area value was not entered for some of the transactions posted which is resulting in inconsistency of balances in BA wise statements; however such transactions would be reflected in consolidated Financial statements.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your reply.

But how can I balance this? for BA01 and BA02 individually?

Thanks,

Mr. Stifler

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

maybe you have different selections around this run. Try change output control tab - BA summarization - and set 2 in order to see separeted BA in same report, or 1 in different report. Then you try 3 to have sum.

regards