Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at the time of back flashing serial no error

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I tick the serial profile in OIS2 for stop to serial no delicacy after that doing back flashing showing the following error.

No new serial no can be entered for material xxx (ABC)

Message no. IO214

Please expert revert me ASAP.

Critical issue

Regards

Sarvottam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serial no management won't support the auto goods movement

Try to do the goods issue in MB1A and assign the already generated serial no for the material and do the posting ( serial no crweation isonly at the time of GR)

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sundaresam,

thanks for yours reply but still now i m not getting the point. we are giving the manually serial no at the time of back flashing.so at that time i m facing the problem.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the serial number record (master data) created already? Go to IQ03 and enter the serial number you're giving during goods issue, if the serial number does not exist in IQ03, then system won't let you goods issue because you put that tick mark in the checkbox ExistReq.

From your message and previous I think your configurations for serialization is not consistent. I think what you're trying to do is you configured system to create serial number during goods issue.

In that case you have some options:

1. Keep the check mark at ExistReq. in OIS2 but create serial number manually everytime using IQ01 well in advance before you do goods issue.

(or)

2. Put 2 (Inconsistencies in stock data -> Error) in the field StkCk for the corresponding serial number profile.

(or)

3. You need to create a flow group for movement type 101 and assign it to your serial number profile so that you can assign the serial number while doing the GR from purchase order itself.

You cannot backflush serialized components, it is SAP standard.