cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order text determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I`ve created a new text at header level and a corresponding one at item level. i want the text at header level to copy to the text at item level in the sales order. At the moment this isnt happening. Can anyone tell me how to properly  configure this or send me a step by step guide? I`ve tried everything i know to get it to work but its not working.

Regards,

Ottley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

OK, so I am herewith giving you the steps about how to do from sales document header to sales document Item.

1. At sales document header level.

Maintain text id suppose it is 55

Maintain access sequence - suppose it is 55

now maintain text id in access sequence which should look like the following

now create procedure 55 as below in picture

now text id in procedure

now do the txt procedure assignment to sales document type as I did

so till now we were doing the configuration part for the sales document header.

From here which is a crucial part for Sales document item, do it as it is and you can see the result.

Create you text id by placing radio button on sales document item.

as follows and remember you are now doing in VBBP and earlier you were doing in VBBK

now go to change in votxn with radiobutton still on the sales document item and create your Access sequence for sales document item as follows:

now again create text id in access sequence 56 as follows:

now create your procedure for sales document item as follows:

now again place text id in procedure as follows but remember this is crucial step as you should not put any tick mark in the reference, because if you reference it will not copy here in this case from header to item and you should put your access sequence which you made for sales document item as 56

the last step for the configuration is text procedure assignment to your item category as follows:

Now lets test it by creating a sales order and entering the text at header level as follows:

Now lets see this in item level, as follows:

So now you can see how the text is flowing from customer master to sales document header and sales document header to sales document item.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to experiment, I am delighted.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

I replicated this config just like you have above but the text still is not copying to the line item. maybe theres something important that i`m not seeing in your screens shots. thanks for your help though.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Once you enter the text at header level double click the text field, it will open up to word file, there you need to save just like MS word, and now go to your item text can you see that ? yes you should.

Save the sales order, then it will be perfectly with item text copied from header to item. Just you have to understand the system, the text is flowing perfectly from header to item.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I done the same way as you said. It is copying the header text to item. But after save, if you open the sales order, there is no item text.

Thanks,

Shyam

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ottley and Shyam,

In the access sequence 56 (that is assigned to the text id which is in object VBBP) do NOT have any requirement in the line VBBK-55. and then test.

(e.g. if requirement is 1 then make it blank)

Sridhar,

Good contribution. But please test the below, with your text configuration settings.

1) Create Quotation, give some text in the header of the quotation. > create sales order > check the text at item level. Do you see any text?

2) Create Quotation, give some text in the header of the quotation. > create sales order, give some text in the header of the sales order > check the text at item level. Do you see any text, this text is from where?

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand your query, but for that reason I explained in the above which I copying here again:

Hello Joseph,

Once you enter the text at header level double click the text field, it will open up to word file, there you need to save just like MS word, and now go to your item text can you see that ? yes you should.

Save the sales order, then it will be perfectly with item text copied from header to item. Just you have to understand the system, the text is flowing perfectly from header to item.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar.

Thanks for your valuable input. Now it is working. After I saved the Sales order, I can see the item text also.

Is there anyway I can fine tune this method. I mean with the help of user_exit.

Our requirement is....

For all the 3rd party drop ship orders, client wants to pass some shipping instructions to purchase order. This shipping instructions are captured at the header level and we are creating this sales order through EDI. In SAP standard procedure, we can copy only item text to purchase orders. So I want to pass this header text (shipping instructions) to item text without editing the sales order (As because this sales order is creating through EDI).

Regards,

K H Shyam Sunder Sharma

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

I think you should consider opening a new discussion, which would not cluster the present discussion and divert the focus.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before I go further with my efforts, I was just wondering, what could be the business scenario, because the text gets determined from sales header i.e SP to sales document header level and item text is determined from material master.

Now suppose we config as per your business requirement then the result would be something like this.

suppose you have 10 line items in your sales order for  1 customer.

1. Then you will have 1 header text which you might have created at customer master which would have flowed here.
  2. For all the 10 items the text would come 10 times , thats ok
  3. Now because of this config now for all the 10 item, again the header text will be added which has already been printed in the begining, so do you see any reason to have the same text again beside the 10 different material, at least I dont see any reason for such config.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the text will be entered manually at sales order header. it will not come from the customer master. it should copy from the header to all of the items in the sales order.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I undertand your requirement correctly, in a sales order during Create/Change, the text (determined or entered manually) for a specific text type at header level should be copied to a specific text type at item level, for all the items.

I am not sure about the config to achieve this requirement.

You can check with your abaper to explore the possibility of achieving this through enchancement using the userexit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_I in the include MV45AFZB of the sales order program.

Thanks,

Ravi

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

After seeing your screen shots, I felt you queried about the flow of text from customer master to sales document header level or, from sales document header to sales document item level, its bit of confusion to me.

Could you please clarify how you want your text to be flowed ?

If you are trying to do it from Customer master to sales document header then the process will be bit different then what I suggested else I can clarify still futher what I feature in my above posting.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridar,

To be clear, i enter text at sales order header and i want the text to copy to all items on the order. thats it... copy from sales order hear to sales order items.

Regards.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case your screen shot suggest you are wrong. let me make some screen shots and come back to you. Give me some time please.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the Test is alreacy Entered / Copies at Sales Order header level, why do you want to the same Text at Item Level.

Anyways Header Data is applicable to all the Items & I see no specific reason to copy Header Text into Item Texts of same Sales Order.

If you want to Print the Item Text on Oder Confirmations, you can anyways refer to header Text in Smartforms Program.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

At header level you are working on VBBK

When you are trying to copy the text at header level (VBBK) to the item level (VBBP), the access sequence will play a vital role. for instance sales text at header level will be at VBBK and you need to creat just as you will, like create your access sequence and procedure and put that text id in text procedure then going on to text procedure assignments.

Now before we go to make config at item level let me tell you, you are now doing at VBBP.

In this step at VOTXN select the radio button for sales document item level create your text id at text type and then in the change, you need to create again your access sequence and here comes the most important setting because you are going to draw your text from header level to item level, there fore in the access sequence for text id please insert the VBBK as the first in sequnce and maintain your text id. Once you have done this then it should follow with VBBP and your text id.

It means you are instructing the system logically to draw the text from VBBK to VBBP and you should get it with this your text from Header level to Item level.

If you need further clarification on this I will do it with step by step schema.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridar,

I believe i`ve done all that you mentioned but yet its not copying from header to item level. i tried to email you some scren shots but i`m not allowed to attach them here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridar I`ve managed to attach the screen shots after all. can you have a look and let me know what i`m doing wrong.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to  T code VOTXN here you maintain the text for customer and sales and distribution for header and item based on text id , after check the customer master maintain the text , here go to XD02 and select menu bar extracts - texts here maintain the text , after it copy to sale order level, it is for header related , you have maintain related at material level , go to mm02  click on ADDITIONAL tab here maintain text , it will copy at item level

please check this

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood, you want the text to be copied in Header & item in same sales order. Before providing input, Can you let us know, how you are populating the text @ header level? eg: from Customer master etc.

Eg: If its from Customer master, then in text determination , when you define access sequence against text id you have to map the source of this text.

I remember, i saw similar thread posted in last couple of days. Browse for the same, it may give a hint.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD