3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 7:49 AM by Ashish Gupta RSS

Flat file load for master data

Sridevi Nandwani
Currently Being Moderated

I have frequently update dimension members coming in the form of flat file.

Is there any how to do document showing how to upload the master data using data manager packages rather than manual copy paste as the client prefers this option. can some one send me the link. I tried to see in howto do section in sdn, but could not locate exact one matching the need.

Appreciate your inputs.

• Re: Flat file load for master data
    Ashish Gupta

Here is the link for EPM how-to-guides

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Enterprise+Performance+Management+(EPM)+How-to+Guides

I don't think there is a how-to-guide on loading master data through flat file as it's a simple process -

1. Upload flat file on to the server

2. Create transformation file (mapping of flat file columns to that of dimensions in BPC and prvide conversion file details if any)

3. Create conversion file (if you need one, used in case the dimension member name is stored differently in BPC to what you have in your flat file).

4. Run the DM package Import Master Data from a flat file.

Hope it helps!!

Sridevi Nandwani

What process should I use in DM package to load the dimension members thru flat file?

Can I use the process chain:

/CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER
    /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER

Incidentally this is same one to load masterdata from BW infoobjects also.

Appreciate your reply.

Ashish Gupta

There are two ways you can load master data by running a DM package -

1. thru flat file - for this you will need only one DM package which says  Import Master Data -  Import Master Data from a flat file. Once you have flat file uploaded to the server and your transformation file ready, you can run this package to load master data

2. from BW infoobjects - for this there are three standard package, import BWmaster data, import BWmaster data text and import BWmaster data hierarchy. So, you will have to run these three packages in order to load master data from BW infoobjects

Forget about the process chain as all these are standard packages and already calls a process chain. If you want to view which process chain they call, go to maintain data management, maintain packages, click on view/modify package to see the details.

Hope it helps!!

Actions