2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 3:04 PM by Rama Shankar RSS

Error-Database connection is not available while connecting to HANA

Partho Mukherjee
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I am having trouble connecting to my HANA server and getting the following error. I have successfully installed HANA Studio but while connecting to the server it is not allowing me:

"database connection is not available", SAPcontrol request failed.

HANA Sudio version is 1.0.26. I tried with both the java versions:

java.version=1.6

java.version=1.7

Please advice.

Rgs,

Parth.

• Re: Error-Database connection is not available while connecting to HANA
    Neha Singla

Hello Partho,

While adding the system, have you changes your password?

If yes, please delete the added system and try to add the system with same user id and new password.

Hope it s helpful.

Regards,Neha

Partho Mukherjee

No, I have not changed any password. I am trying to access with the password provided to me by the administrator.

I am getting a "Database Connection not Available"  error. below are some more details:

!MESSAGE Database connection is not available. See error log for more details.

!STACK 0

com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCConnectionStatus: Database connection is not available. See error log for more details.

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin.createConnection(JDBCPlugin.java:319)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.executeTryJDBC(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:196)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.execute(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:68)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.UpdateSAPSystemOperation.execute(UpdateSAPSystemOperation.java:75)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.datamodel.controler.DataModelOperation.execute(DataModelOperation.java:67)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.datamodel.controler.DataModelOperationQueue$DataModelOperationThread.run(DataModelOperationQueue.java:99)

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://10.243.115.95:30015 [Cannot connect to host 10.243.115.95:30015 [Connection refused: connect], -813.].

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:219)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:203)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:186)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:236)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin$5.run(JDBCPlugin.java:655)

!ENTRY com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc 4 4 2012-04-19 16:12:59.793

!MESSAGE [{0}] Internal Error

!STACK 0

Rama Shankar

Partho:

Check this blog - a similar problem was fixed in this blog. Also, refer to OSS note mentioned in the below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2117543

Let me know if this helped resolve your problem.

Regards,

Rama

Actions