cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on docflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need of suggestion on how to proceed: in our ECC system we create a quotation where in custom field we store the CRM opportunity object id. When the quotation will arrive in the CRM system we need to link the CRM quotation to the  CRM opportunity as followup through the docflow. I'd like to know if you can tell me a BADI or something else to try. I thought to use the method CRM_DATAEXCH_R3D_MBDOC_FILL of the CRM_DATAEXCHG_BADI or ORDER_SAVE badi.

What do you think?

In the first one I have some dubts: in that place am I able to see the object guid of the quotation? and can I use the Order_maintain and order_save to update  the docflow in the opportunity?

In the second one (ORDER_SAVE): could be better?

Regards, Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

juergenbaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

it's up to you. If you go for an anction - you can execute it by a job.

You can also use the Event on_save or at least you can do it at BAdI ORDER_SAVE.

I think all solutions will work and have advantages or drawbacks in some cases. But if you implement the functionality as method or function module - you can easily switch your solution from one point to another.

br

Jürgen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, thank you for your suggestions ... yes, an action could be a good strategy. However I tried to implement the method CRM_DATAEXCH_R3D_MBDOC_FILL in the  CRM_DATAEXCHG_BADI BADI. It was the first time I used it and seems and I liked to understand better this: in this moment seems to work. I need to do other tests however I updated the DOCFLOW stucture using "VONA" as RELTYPE directly in the quotation from ECC to CRM.

Thank you all .... Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or else you can configure an action that gets triggered on specific condition that creates a doc flow