cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase requisition workflow

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I am using the SAP standard work flow ws00000038 for PR release. Now I would like to add a step to send off an email to the buyer whenever the final release of the PR has been done. I have been testing with adding in the Send Mail step but cannot get it to work.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot!

Joris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you can do is

1. First create a method which just send notification by making use of R/3 function module or CL_BCS class in a BOR or a business class.

2. And create a standard task from PFTC transaction and in this task include the triggering event as BUS2009 RELEASED and also include the BOR or class method which created in the first point.

so what you have done is whenever BUS2009 BOR event RELEASED is triggered then this standard task will be executed and it sends a email. What you have to make sure is to determine the right receiver you need to include a default rule in the same standard task.  I did in this way once.. may be you can try.

Regards

Pavan

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Thanks for your help. Trick is that the email just needs to be sent out after the final release. What I did was create a Condition that triggers the step type Send email when release code is 02. This works fine but not in production.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to refresh the buffer  SWU_OBUF and Refresh the org environment (SWUD). Also make sure the event linkage is active.

IF you can let us know what does the log say... it would be more easy to help you... Any error messages in the log (SWI1)

Regards

Pavan

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, I refreshed the buffer. the emails for the approvers are triggered correctly, Just the last email isnt in production.

Eddie_Morris
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

As Pavan mentioned...what error is in the workflow log? If you look at the technical log and click on the error icon it should give some indication. Maybe the email receiver is incorrect or missing?

Regards,

Eddie

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks for your help. problem was that the agent assigned didnt exist as SAP user in production.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joris,

workflow forum is be the right place to post your query, not MM. Also, please ask more specific question -- "but cannot get it to work" is so general that it does not mean anything.

Kind Regards

TomT