cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Prompt in xcelsius of BIWS

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i am creating dashboard using BI web services,in my BI web serivces source is Bex query which has optional prompt and the prompt has free characteristics. now i have created webi report by using the query, and save it then create web service using this block. now when i create this webservice i got the Bex prompt and also find the manage filter so i have aaplied both prompt in my Webservice, and save it and exported. then go to manage webservice  option and then select test option but in test mode when i gave the value of filter i am not getting any value so its any error here please give me your suggestion first here,

then now time to use this services in dashboard so i have imported this url in to Qaaws connectivity. here i have mapping each every prompt value to proper cell but on intital the value is coming when i just change the selection value then i am not getting any result

so please please give me your suggestion i am stuck here from the two night i am continuous facing this problem.

same thing i have test with e fashion its working fine so its product bug what is the issue please focus on my problem.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the error below while trying to create WEBI report on BI4. The universe connects properly and did the data integrity check.

I have tested by only inserting one object and the WEBI runs perfectly by showing the object master data. But when I add a measure to it I get the following error:

Database error: Failed to execute MDX query. Reason: Error occured when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'. (IES 10901)(WIS101901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to pass multiple prompt values for Bex Variable from Dashbords 4.0 Using BIWS Connection.Not getting breakthrough. Any help is appreciated.It's urgent.

Please help...

Regards,

Dewesh

0 Kudos

You can use INLIST as operator for this.

In the inlist prompt value you need to select only one cell so you have to use string concatenate function.

like =CONCATENATE(E35,",",E36,",",E37,",",E38)

if it will not help then elaborate more your question so we can help you.

Thanks

Nirav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

I am using BI4.0 sp4. and BI7.3. I have to build a dashboard which is taking data from 2 different queries. As we cannot merge queries directly I am using a WEBI Report.My dataset is big around 6k rows. I am using BICS connection but unable to get the desired result. Morever I have to implement All, Multiple selection for diffrent parameters. Stuck up in using BICS . Please provide any document on this,Have searched but unable to get the proper document...

Thanks

Dewesh

sriramvijay_ravidoss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked me for today!!

Thank you

-Sriram

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

1) Are we using the excel cell as "Trigger Cell" in Usage tab.

2) your xcelsius and BOE version.

3) What is the prompt type, Date, characteristics  key figure.

4) Single cell or range prompt

Thanks,

Sapanesh

0 Kudos

thanks man for reply,

1) Are we using the excel cell as "Trigger Cell" in Usage tab.-Yes

2) your xcelsius and BOE version.-Dashboard desing sp2( version 6.0.0.0, and Build14.0.2.364)  and BO client tool is 4.0 sp2 patch 6.

3) What is the prompt type, Date, characteristics  key figure.-the prompt is coming from BI (three prompt-all object has free charactestic and prompts are optinal,first promt is date range second is dimension called version and third is plant dimension)and i have also applied same prompt use

4) Single cell or range prompt-single cell

Screen shot of Web services

now go to mange webservice.edit the block onceagin.

click on set filter

i have not use fiscal year and version in report.

and webservices succesfully ceaeted.

now go to test it.

now click on send to view all data,without applying any filter.

here no value is selected so its taking blank as prompt now i am applying prompt for profit center and operator is <> then click on send its not giving me same data as output.not applying prompt, so whats wrong with the operator,in my BI prompt there is hierarchy value so which type of operator we need to use?

I hope this all image will help to understand my problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

can anyone help me on this?

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

These are the major limitations we learnt from Dashboards 4.0 Feature ,

1. Variable dependency handled only at dashboard design

When these types of dependencies happen:

• Hierarchy node variable depends on Hierarchy variable
  • BW variable depends on Key day variable
  • Filter defined at Query Panel depends on BW variable

The dependency will be only handled at the dashboard design, but will not be at when viewing the dashboard. This means for instance you have a hierarchy variable and a hierarchy node variable, at dashboard design, you can select one specific hierarchy variable, and the hierarchy nodes will be updated according to the hierarchy value you have selected. When you view a published dashboard in BI launch pad, the hierarchy variable will use the value you set at the dashboard design, and hierarchy nodes are updated according to this defined value. When a variable has other variables depend on it, it then cannot be added into a dashboard to become a visual component.

It is recommended to avoid using these dependencies in your BEx query.

1. 2. Variable with range values input is not supported

You cannot input value for a variable that needs range value input.

Recommendation is to exclude the range value variable from you the BEx query. You can achieve the same goal by adding a filter with operator "Between" in the query panel.

1. 3. Hierarchy result objects are only displayed in the hierarchical table

In this release, the only component to display the hierarchy result objects is hierarchical table. Other components like charts cannot display the hierarchy result objects yet.

1. 4. Variable Manager in the Query Panel

If a BEx query contains a mandatory hierarchy node variable, the Member Selector in Query Panel is available before a value has been selected for the hierarchy node. This means the user can create invalid combinations because the user might select a node in the Member Selector and then select a different hierarchy in the prompt.

The variable manager in the Query Panel to work around this issue is not available in this release yet.

1. 5. BEx Conditions

Conditions are definitions in the BEx query where a user is able to define a filtering like a Top 10 based on a specific key figure. Another example would be to exclude all values above / below a defined threshold.

It is not supported in this release yet. The workaround is to import the data into Spreadsheet and do the ranking with Excel formulas.

Hope this points will help.

Thanks,
Sapanesh

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also how about if we use Univers (UDT) on BW then live office and Xcelsius/

0 Kudos

but man still issue is not resolve by showing limitation, can we use drill option in this scenario?like it will select first value of hierarchy then he will get first node of all hierarchy and then click on that go to the next node ? can we do like this. and i love to use live office but ........

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, however for LO you have UDT before webi. i am seeing couple of related incident as yours.

let me try reproduce here

0 Kudos

2. Variable with range values input is not supported

You cannot input value for a variable that needs range value input.

Recommendation is to exclude the range value variable from you the BEx query. You can achieve the same goal by adding a filter with operator "Between" in the query panel.

-means i can not use date(month) range in BI webservices as prompt value. its true?

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

I tried creating one test dashboard and not able to prompt the bex prompt without range even.

Can you create a UDT universe --> web and live office and check if same prompt is working or not. i am investigating more on this issue. i will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Sapanesh

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

please also check 1701460 - Data cannot be returned in Dashboard when using Web Service connection with optional variable set in Bex query

0 Kudos

where i search this ? on market place

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Its SAP NOTE created yesterday

0 Kudos

i have tried to create Universe in UDT,its scussed,but after that neither i can create webi (in rich client) not QAAWS.i can drop simple objet but when i drop it with measure its giving me error like:"Database error: The MDX query SELECT  { [Measures].[DCMZJ7WFRLWZ73A1AWWWEXA8E] }  ON COLUMNS , NON EMPTY [0PROFIT_CTR                   1000PC_QUANEX].[LEVEL00].MEMBERS DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION ON ROWS FROM [ZFICO_M01/ZQ_FICO_ZFICO_M01_PROFTILOSSHI]  failed to execute with the error Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'. (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)"

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the sap note # 1486141

0 Kudos

after all client is ready to use Live office but

1.how i can solve the hierarchy problem,-in my hiearchy the if i use main node value as prompt value then i can not get the filtered value by using this main node value for ex:if i select Region then i will get the country wise data (it is expected) but actually i am getting only selected region data. so how i can drill to country level please man help on this.

2.can we get the BEx prompt in live office prompt setting?if yes then how because i have tried this and the prompt is optional so its refresh success but i can not select the prompt value in excel sheet.

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check 1660838, shedule to fix in SAP BI 4.0 FP3

0 Kudos

one more thing for my knowlege can u have tried interval in BIWS,and operator like <,> actually i want to use it for my date object like greater than selected date data will be show.