cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting to non leading ledger tax GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to make some adjustments to tax accounts in non leading ledger. However following error message occurs when trying to do the same:

Direct postings to tax account 123456 is not permitted under ledger BA.

Direct postings to tax accounts (123456) are not permitted

Message no. FAGL_POST_SERVICE052

Diagnosis

Account 123456 is classified as a tax account in company code 1234. In the case of ledger-specific postings, direct postings cannot be made to tax accounts.

123456 is assigned to one of the account keys in OB40, as part of automatic tax posting. Could that be the reason.

We are able to make adjustments/ direct postings to other tax related GL accounts of non leading ledger(BA) which of those are not assinged in OB40.

Regards,

Soujanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note:

and

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you so very much.

SAP Note 1589419 has one sentence which says "Only Tax categories '>' or '<' are considered a tax account" - and that did the trick for me.

I did test in dev by assigning '*' in the tax category and subsequently - I was able to post the documents to non leading ledger.

Could you suggest if I can change the tax category to * instead of the existng > or <. If so, what would the repurcussion be.

As well - the note suggests about using an adjustment account. However - in this scenario, these are the adjustment accounts.

So, I was wondering if changes to a GL account's tax category with postings already in place - would be feasible or not. Please suggest

Regards,

Soujanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, if you read carefuly messages from people who trying help you, you'll fix this issue yesterday

Wrote Apr 23, 2012 10:48 AM

'Hi, this message appear for this condition

skb1-mwskz CA '<>' and

bkpf-ldgrp <> space'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for your suggestion yesterday.I was stuck with OB40 setting.

In such scenario - your answer did given me a clue - however I was not confident enough of being able to articulate a reply to get back to the users.

As SAP note suggests that > and < are only considered as tax categories - this has actually helped me in getting back to the users with a confidence.

So - SAP note has been my confidence booster .

Thanks for your time in replying back to all my queries.

Regards,

Soujanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, welcome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post automatically might be activated to this GL account, please check in FS00.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for replying.

There is no Post automatically assigned to these GL accounts. I'm able to post the tax adjustments to leading ledger and the aforementioned issue arises when I try posting to non leading ledger.

Regards,

Soujanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this message appear for this condition

skb1-mwskz CA '<>' and

bkpf-ldgrp <> space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for replying.

My concern is - there are 2 GL accounts which are assigned to MWS and VST account keys in OB40 and we are not able to post to these GL accounts directly to the non leading ledger.

From what you have suggested - I get to understand that the postings are not being possible due to BKPF-LDGRP <>. I'll check if the users have posted to 0L and now they are making a posting to BA.

However, do you think the reason for not directly posting to GL account through a non leading ledger is due to the fact that the GL accounts are assigned to the account keys mentioned above.

Please suggest

Regards,

Soujanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, so master data for accounts to which you're posting don't maintained tax category < or > ?

Also you can put break point in program (go to se91, and check where this message used) and debug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An out put Tax category is maintained for the GL accounts. Unfortunately - I dont know how to debug.

Anyother clue that could be thought of.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Soujanya.