cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing "war" file in NWDS .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed SAP NW Enterprise Portal 7.3 SP05 and NWDS 7.3 SP05.

I downloaded the source file for masthead from the server and tried to import the war file in NWDS.

While Importing war file in NWDS, after selecting the source I am getting the following error.

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file  .

This happens for all the source files in the server.

What could be the issue? How to solve this?

Regards,

Eben Joyson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kiruthika_s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

Kindly check this  KBA 1705930,which will help for your issue to resolve.

Regards,

Kiruthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiruthika,

My actual problem is I cannot import the war file to the NWDS which is downloaded from  server.  All the source files in server has this problem.

The post you have referred is for the error that appears in jsp files after import. Also the settings are already maintained in NWDS.

Attached is the screenshot.

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

That is a bit strange. I have just done exactly the same thing and it worked ok. From the screenshot the path to the WAR file looks a bit strange/long... have you unpacked the WAR file from another zip file or ear file or something... it just looks like it has been extracted from something else.

I took my war file from this location on the server:

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead\servlet_jsp\com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead

I hope this helps in some way... maybe just start again from scratch... sometimes I find that helps me 🙂

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the similar issue while importing the war file on to NWDS 7.3 SP07.

Portal version is : SAP NW 7.3 SP008.

if any one has a solution for this issue, Please let me know.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

After some research i found the reason, The new WAR file from SAP NW Portal 7.3 SP008 when you try to import NWDS (NWDS Menu --> Import --> Web --> War--> Select your war file) then you will face the above given error.

To resolve this error, The below are the steps to be performed to resolve this issue temporarily.

1. Download WAR file from SAP Portal server location.

2. Rename war file as .zip file

3. Extract the zip file

4. Create again a zip file with all extracted files (make sure not a rar file while compressing , make sure it should be zip format)

5. Change the zipped file extension from .zip to .war , this time you will be able to import with out any issues.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Krishna. I too already resolved the issue referring SDN.

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

I was also facing same problem and your steps helped me resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben Joyson,

I am not sure how a war file can be imported. WAR has to be wrapped into an ear file normally. Can you please let me know according to which documentation you are proceeding.

Regards

shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I just need to modify the masthead view. So I downloaded the source from the server location <installation directory>/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead folder. Inside the folder we have the war file. To download the source to NWDS, We can import source as "Import WAR". After modifying the masthead jsp page, we have to wrap it into ear project for deployment.