cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have requirement to add additional column in CAT2 (Input )screen. I have add the additional column i.e Name Field “Technical Name : CATSFIELDS-DISPTEXT1 “, “Position Number : 39” through SPRO customizing settings. Now I want to edit the position number of newly added column or rearrange the position of column in CAT2 screen. Moreover this settings needs to be done for all users.

Looking forward for help...

Thanks,

Padmaja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, a below post is very helpful.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

is there any way to display all WBS elements directly in data entry area?

in current practice CAT2 screen is divided in 2 parts 1. work list area and 2. data entry area.

whenever user want to record hours against any project/WBS element he need to copy down that particular wbs lement in data entry area and then he would enter time.

but user requirement is to hide worklist area and make all wbs elements directly visible in data entry area. so that they wont need to copy wbs element from worlist area to data entry area every time.

( i have hide worklist area already with setting in CAC1)

could you please advice me on it?

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

Yes , we would achieve through user exits , Check with abap team and retrieve all wbs.

Check the below link for your references :

Did you maintain IT0315 ? there u have to maintain Controlling area , WBS and activity type and save it.

Go to CAT2 , there current wbs is defaulted.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for advice.

but i have 1 question,

whatever data we have saved in worklist area will be saved in CATSDB table.

if we want to show all WBS elements in data entry area which are already appearing in worklist area then first we need to add them in CATSDB table then they all will appear in data entry area.

As catsdb is standard table and it been used in many other transactions also.

is it advisable to make changes in catsdb table with help of abap?

will it affect to other transaction?

Thanks

Manoj

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

you are going to update the old wbs into CATSDB ,

use bdc or lsmw and uploaded the data to catsdb.

if you want insert record in table , use the below link:

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

My requirement is not to validate data in the data entry area, but increase the no. of rows in the data entry area based on a Z logic.

The exits specified above are applicable when we already have the data in CATSDB table.

Is there any exit which allows us to add additional rows in the Data Entry area?

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

This is not possible, I guess.. unless you develop your custom webdynpro application. Please stay away from this, as breaking the standard functionality is not advisable.

Regards

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to do the same. Let me start with easy way.

When you go to the CAT2 Screen use the drag and drop functionality on the columns and arrange your columns as the order you mentioned once you are done with it on the right corner of the cell you will see a configuration ico click on that enter the variant name and say save ans set it as a global setting then when ever the user call this transaction again it will open in the same order.

You need to check authorisation.

If drag drop is not allowing, please check whether you have authorizations set up under objec S_ADMI_FCD.

This will only work doe CAT2 screen, for portal you need to do diffetent from administrator login.

Another way, if the above is not helping, do as below in 3 steps

1. SPRO->Cross-Applicaiton Component->TimeSheet->Setting for all user interface ->Customer-Specific modificaiton ->Make Field Assignment->Enter field name

Remember the No. of the field added. This is Additional Field No. in further step

2.  SPRO->Cross-Applicaiton Component->TimeSheet->Customer-Specific modificaiton ->Create customer fields->Make Field Assignment->Add customer

fields  to field selection

Select Work List

Select Additoanl field No. (* given in the above), select the option for Display/Reuest/Input/Hide...

Go back and select on Data Entry Selection.

Select influencing Button on App Tool bar

Select the profile from the Content Input filed

Select the radio button for the option to display/Input...

3.  SPRO->Cross-Applicaiton Component->TimeSheet->Time Recording->Choose Fields.

Select Data Entry Screen.

Select influencing

Enter Profile

And select the option.

Let me know if this helps...

Regards

Aj

Message was edited by: Ajay Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

check setting in CAC1 and CAC2