cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_11_VASCL datasource with 2 target systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions around using a 2LIS datasource with 2 target systems. The scenario is the following one for this 2LIS_11_VASCL datasource:

• currently sending delta sales orders schedule lines to a BW environment
  • we want to connect it to an SPP environment

Is this possible? If yes:

• when the delta queue is generated on ECC, would BW and SPP have independent queues and so would they be able to get this delta whenever they want ?
  • If we want to have an initial load of the sales order schedules lines into SPP would that be possible through an early delta initialization? or as the setup table was already filled for the BW pull that is not possible? how would you do the initial load? just a full load? (I have not been using BW for a while so I do not remember if also the full extraction for the 2LIS pulls data from the setup table or not..)
  • if we require to enhance the datasource to meet with the SPP requirements would it be possible to write some CMOD code and to not have an impact on the BW extract? I guess this would not be the best thing to do by they way. Maybe if an enhancement is required we should try to add the missing information once in the SPP BI..

thanks!

bye

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Yes, your requirement can be met. The same data source 2LIS_11_VASCL can be connected to different target systems.

1. When the delta is enabled on ECC, in delta queue, two entries for the same data source will be created. This is how the RSA7 will look like

When ever the delta in respective target is triggered, data from corresponding delta queue will be pulled.

2. For init/full load, it is always advisable to delete setup tables, fill again, then trigger init load to BW. Init/full load always take data from setup tables. When we fill setup tables, it gets data from application tables.  I guess early init is possible(not very sure)

3. As per my knowledge, yes, if data source is enhanced, then it will impact both the target systems. It is better to have customization at BI side

Hope this helps you

Regards

Chandu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this links...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2121661

Regards,

Aravind.