cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Crystal Report ActiveX for vba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with my Crystal Report XI (11.0.0.1282).

After having installe it, I can't find the reference Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Runtime 11 in my vba application.

I have a lot of Crystal Report Entreprise ...... reference and I have already try to had it in my project. But it doesn't work (error in the line code where i have "CRAXDRT.Application")

I can't find the dll CRAXDRT.DLL in my computer.

I have try to réinstalle CR, but I haven't see any checkbox to select this dll.

Thanks for helping

Adrien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have Crystal Report 2016 and I need that library too T_T

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on the SKU. Pro did not ship any SDK. Developer did. If you open the CR designer and go to Help | About... what does it say there?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping. Indeed, I have read that with my professional version, there is no licence of API visual basic.

I'm think to make an update of my CR XI to a CR 2011 (where there is no difference between pro/developper,...). I have download the demo version on the spap website, but I still can't find the needed library for my vba project. Is it the fact of the demo version, or CR 2011, as CR 2008, don't have the library for VBa/VB6 ?

Thanks for help

Adrien

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Adrien

Here comes some bad news;

In order to use VB / VBA you had to use the Report Designer Component (RDC) that used the craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll. This technology was retired in CR XI R2 (11.5) and does not ship in CR 2008 or CRVS2010. Thus, you have two options:

1. Contact sales (866-681-3435) and see if they can get you an upgrade to CR XI R2 - note that this version of CR is out of support. E.g.; no fixes, not phone support.
  2. Convert your app to use the CR SDK for .NET

Oh, while we're on the subject of CR XI R2 - please see this wiki re. supported Operating Systems for each versio of CR.

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your answers.

Just before your post, I have speak by phone with a local reseler of CR who pretend that this component is back on the CR2011 version.

Have you hear something about it ?

Thank you

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh boy - I had to laugh at the reseller. CR 2001 does not install any SDK at all(!). No Java, no .NET, no RDC. Nothing.

The equivalent runtime for .NET is Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (CRVS2010), but CR 2011 is just the designer.

You can download a free eval version of CR 2011 to see:

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you want I can give you his phone number 😉 (I hop you speak french or german ;-))

Yes, as i have said before I'm trying the 2011 evaluation version and the only activeX reference I can find in VBa is Crystal activeX report viewer library 14.0 and Export library

My project is on a SCADA (an industrial supervision) so I can not migrate to .NET. I have only VBA...

The only thing I want to do, is run a report with only one parameter (the others are in the DB), save in a pdf and print it. And all that in background without any action of the operator.

We will have other application to do in the future, with the same limitation (vba), and I prefere to use actual version of CR to be sure to find it the next time !

The last solution will be to developpe a .NET bridge between my vba application and CR, but before doing this I would like to be sure that I haven't other choice.

Does Crystal activeX report viewer library 14.0 give me this simple job : run report/save/print ? (code sample ?)

Thank you for your help

Adrien

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does Crystal activeX report viewer library 14.0 give me this simple job : run report/save/print ? (code sample ?)

- no it does not. Please do read and trust the information I supplied to you in my previous posts.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ludek,

And don't worry, I trust what you said, the only things is that I'm not realy familiar with CR products... So just let me the time to well understand that is simple notions for you (SDK, RDC, SKU,...)

I will take the direction of developpe a .NET dll COM interop to make a bridge between VBa and CR SDK and supply these simple functions to my VBa application (Load, set one parameter, export to pdf and print report)

I would like te make it in C# express since I don't need any visual interface, and I don't want to buy VS .NET only for this simple dll. Is it possible ? What I have to install (since CR2011 doesn't install any SDK)

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 is the equivalent runtime. Note that CRVS2010 has file versions of 13.x and CR2001 has file versions of v14.x. This is by design and will not cause any issues.

If you're not into obtaining VS, I suppose you could use the notepad coding approach, but I must admit, if  you get this going (NET in notepad and  .NET dll COM interop to make a bridge between VBa and CR SDK, you're a rare and very, very good developer .

Good luck and happy coding,

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thank for your help and your joke. 😉

I'm not working with notepad, i was speeking about the visual interface of Crystal report in .NET application where it's seem to me more difficile to integrate in a express version than in a std/pro version of VS 2010 where the SDK give a project template.

I have begin to do this dll that is close to work !

Thanks

Adrien

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh - unfortunately, CRVS2010 will not integrate into the express version of VS2010. So as it turns out, I was actually correct in that you will have to do the code in notepad - or upgrade to a higher VS2010 SKU.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Adrien!

I'm facing the exact same problem you found.

I need to develop some reports and show it in a SCADA system that uses vba.
Did you develop your dll, or maybe an activeX control?
My case is more difficult than yours due to I need display graphic reports.

I'm almost decided to develop a bridge application (maybe a "shell" call to a .NET application, sending parameters), but, as you said:

"... before doing this I would like to be sure that I haven't other choice."

Thanks for attention.

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

Have You found any other hoices? I am in the same problem;]

Edit:

Similar problem. I dont need to send any parameter - it is enougth to choose parameter (report from list) by combobox in ReportViewer. Only I need to have a possibility to view already designed .rpt report from local DB. Can Some Expert help me with this task? Do I really need to develope .NET plugin for bridge report template and VBA client?