cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgChart/ OrgModeler 3.0 SP2 Build 0702025500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing two issues in my OrgChart and OrgModeler applications since moving the builds from Dev to QA.

1. OrgChart - I had added in contract type text field to add to the extended employee profile - since moving to QA instead of providing the correct contract type for each employee it is stating 'permanent' for every employee. Not sure what has happened here and what I should do to rectify. I compared my files to other fields I had also created which are working fine and could not see any differences as to why it is not working properly. There is no error in the log either. I also checked my data element, and when you preview the results, you can see the different contract types correctly. I also restarted the application but this did not do anything.

2. OrgModeler - when I publish a scenario and get the URL - if I open that url in a new window, I am receiving a message stating I am not authorised to view the scenario...how do we specify who should view published scenarios when the url is sent out?

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Husna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

1. This sounds like a data issue. Did you check what you see on screen is what is in PA0016 in SAP?

2. In the Scenario Information screen you can set the users who have access. However, this sounds like a bug to me. Did you read the Admin Guide? What authentication method do you use?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

OrgChart - Yep in SAP, I created 2 new employees as test with contractor contract type but in Nakisa, it is showing as Permanent even though the data element preview does show them as contractors contract type. It does not seem to be updating it for some reason.

OrgModeler - I had authorised users set up in the scenario information but it does not seem to even take to login page in order to view the published scenario so not sure what it is picking up or not.. We are using logon as the authentication method and it seems to work fine otherwise than this issue. Yes I have read the admin guide but it did not really help in what I should do!

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

Can you post a screendump of the data in PA0016 and the contract type text table? Also, if you can post your configuration that would help.

For OrgModeler I would raise an OSS message because you should get a login screen at least.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

This first shot shows the details in SAP, and then the detail in Nakisa. So should be secondment but is coming up as Permanent.

The files attached:

CText.xml = dataelement

ctextdetail.xml = detailconfiguration

Thanks

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

That is strange. Can you attach a copy of your NakisaRFC function and also screenshots from SE16N of PA0016 and T547S showing the relevant entries?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Please find attached screenshot and file as requested.

Regards

Husna

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your screenshot you show the text for language AR but in your config you hard code:

SPRSL = 'EN'

Can you confirm the same mapping exists for EN for Z7 in T547S?

Stephen

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also ... can you confirm that only one employee is sat in this position?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Sorry yes it is EN.. I had to search it again to get the full list out.

For this position yes there is only one employee. I have used this as an example, b ut the issue is existing everywhere where it shows permanent for everyone even if their type isn ot permanent.

Regards

Husna

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So going back to your original post, if the preview data element works then issue can't be in data element or OTF or SAP data.

Must be in the link configuration.

But I can't see anything wrong - this worked on DEV?

Did you export / import config to this env?

Only oddity is that you have used spaces in the field names in your XML ... is this how you had it in DEV?

Stephen

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't really see anything wrong here. The only thing that struck me originally are the spaces in the field names, which Stephen also pointed out. However, since this worked in DEV (and I assume you exported your config in DEV and imported it into QAS) then it should also work in QAS. I would try removing the spaces in all of the relevant files and trying again, since I can't really think of what else could cause this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen/ Luke

Yes the changes were simply exported and  imported across. I removed the space in the field names and it actually completely removed the 'contract type' title so I put the spaces back in. Doing this did not update the type for each employee.

I am not sure - is it worth perhaps to do it from scratch in QA and see if it works? The steps I followed was to create data element joining two tables, create the detail, then take the section name from the detail and put it into employeedetailsxsl file..

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

If removing the spaces stopped it showing then you must have missed out some of the files. You have to do it to all of the files:

• NakisaRFC function
  • data element
  • detail data
  • detail

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Ok I updated all the 4 files mentioned, published and went into the user console...now instead of saying permanent for each contract type per employee, it is saying n/a for every employees contract type...

Am I correct in understanding that once we create the nakisa rfc in data center of joining two tables, we then create the detail and then add the section into employeedetailsxsl file> I was just trying to figure out where it could be going wrong incase I am missing a step out somewhere.

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

The best thing to do is to attach all of your files here and we'll take a look.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached

Husna

Former Member
0 Kudos

last one

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

I've found a few issues. First, in your NakisaRFC function you did not change the field aliases - they still have a space in them. Also, you are using an InnerJoin to join the two tables when you should probably use a LeftJoin - this is probably the source of the problem (rather than the field names).

Also, you didn't make the change in the key field in the data element:

<key name="Contract ElementsPERNR"/>

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for this...let me update the files, change the join type and see if it works...

Regards

Husna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you that worked and it is pulling them in correctly now

Just one quick question before I mark this complete - regarding the other field that I created - contract end date, if this has not been maintained in sap, it should say n/a as the result should it not? Instead my field shows the date 30/11/0002 which is not actually maintained anywhere in SAP...what would I need to do so it says n/a instead of this random date?

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

If the field in SAP is empty then you should get n/a. However, since that is in a seperate configuration then you should open a new discussion thread.

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (0)