3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 12:18 PM by Luke Marson RSS

Roles Career Planning

Rodope ñ_ñ
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,

We are using Career Planning 3.0 SP3, my client required that some employees only can see the data but don´t modify them?, is it posible define roles?

Currently we defined  two roles one for modifications and other for visualization, but in this moment we have an error with authorizations, we are working on that

My question is, if is it posible to define a role only to visualice the information in CP?

According to the AminGuide (Athorization Objets) we can create a rol for read data.

Would you help me with that and what is posible to do?

Thanks

Regards

• Re: Roles Career Planning
    Luke Marson

Hi there,

You can have roles in all Nakisa applications, but in most applications it requires some customization. The files exist in CareerPlanning 3.0 SP3 (I didn't check an earlier version) so it's possible that you can create these in the AdminConsole. If not, you can create empty roles in the Roles.xml file (in the Security folder) and then add objects to them in the AdminConsole. Something like this is a good start as a base:

<roles>

<role name="ROLE_Everyone">

<allowed>

</allowed>

</role>

<role name="ROLE_SuperUser">

<allowed>

</allowed>

</role>

<roles>

Try that and see how you get on.

Best regards,

Luke

Rodope ñ_ñ

Hello Luke,

I defined the roles but I don´t see the Role Mapping configuration available.

Do I have to copy  the employeefetcher.xml, rolemapping.xml files and Security folder from OrgChart to Career Planning?

Regards

Luke Marson

Hi,

In the AdminConsole did you go to Securiy Settings > Define Roles > Edit Roles? Here you can add and configure the new roles.

Role mapping might need to be copied from OrgChart and changed to suit where necessary. Apart from the rolemapping.xml file (in authentication) you may need to copy the data elements that are referenced in it.

Best regards,

Luke

Actions