Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification validity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guyz,

Can you please clarify the following

If one certified person leaves one organization and his S-ID(by using which he appeared the exam) got deleted from that organization.still his certification valid ?(as his SID got deleted).

How one can check and verify that XYZ person is certified.?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Mohammed Farhan,

Can you please update the thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1289296

You have raised number of questions on this thread, but, when it is really required to update the thread, you have not update. Can you please update the thread above.

Regarding your questions:

If your SID is created by the Basis Administrator of your Company, on which you have passed SAP Certification. After that if you are leaving company, obviously, your SID will be deleted by your company. There is no way that you can access the Service Market Place by using this SID. If you are joining a new company, then you will have to ask the Basis Administrator of the new company to create a new SID. If you have appeared the SAP Certification directly with SAP (without having any link with your company), then SAP would have created a SID for you. This is valid for the life time.

These details are confidential data, then are not for general public to view who has passed and who has not. You may contact SAP Education. But, I do not think they are bound to give you the details. Otherwise, everybody with queue before SAP Education Team to know who has passed and who has not. But, anyway, why you need to check this type of data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhant thanks for the information.

Hello Ravi,

my certificate is getting delay. i want to to apply for jobs and to mention in the resume.i would like to mention the SID or certificate ID.I am also worried if i leave the current organization if my admin delete my id, my certification will be valid or not.

Thanks in advance

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohammed,

Do not worry, your Certificate will be absolutely valid, irrespective of the fact whether your company is deleted your SID in the system or not. SID and Certificate ID is one and the same. If your company is deleted your SID, then only thing is you cannot access Service Market Place. But, you can apply for a new SID. The fact is that your certificate will be valid forever. There is no end date on the certification validity.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the answers, what if the my SID is renamed(First name -last name and mail) and given to some new employee who will be replacing me,still i will have certification validity with me.

Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

SID is a number but not a name.

If the SID is not deleted and somebody else also accessing (usually not), your Certificate Valid. Nothing to worry as long as Physical Certificate is in your hand, that shows you a proof that you have passed the exam. To tell you frankly, nobody much bothers about the certification. Now a days, Certification became to put in Bold Italic and Underline in your CV.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the complete information and clarification of my doubts on certification validity.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cost is your certification exam fee. If you pass the exam, you will get the password. Otherwise, you will not have access to the S ID, that means, you cannot use your S ID. Therefore, you must pass the exam in order to get the S ID and Password.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Don't forget to check with your S-UserID.

That will determine the needful.

Don't worry, your S-UserID is deleted only at organisation level.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

If the concerned person has completed the certification, then the deletion of S-ID does not matter because the S-ID is used only for the examination. The certification is still valid as long as you possess the course certificate.

As the S-ID is deleted only at the organisation-level, it would not affect your certification.

You can check the validity of your certification in 2 ways:

1. By verifying with the certification code on the Certificate.

2. Take your certificate to an IT education centre such as NIIT or KARROX and get it checked.

But you should check it on the internet first. The chances are great.

These might help:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/certification

http://www.sap.com/india/services/education/certification/levels/faqs/index.epx