Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating an attribute view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite new to HANA.

I have a table with just 2 fields on it (both STRING type) and just 1 record as content. I am now creating an attribute view on it, validates correctly but up on activation gives the following error:

MDXRuntime: Internal deployment of object failed: Internal Error:Deploy Attribute View: SQL: insufficient privilege:

Not authorizednCreate view DDL statement: CREATE COLUMN VIEW "_SYS_BIC"."abehanan/AB_ATTR_VIEW" TYPE JOIN WITH PARAMETERS

( joinIndex = "SYSTEM"."AB_TEST1", joinIndexType = 0, viewAttribute = ('FIELD1', "SYSTEM"."AB_TEST1", "FIELD1", '', 'default', 'attribute', '',

'abehanan/AB_ATTR_VIEW$FIELD1'), viewAttribute = ('FIELD2', "SYSTEM"."AB_TEST1", "FIELD2", '', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'abehanan/AB_ATTR_VIEW$FIELD2'),

view = ('V_AB_TEST1', "SYSTEM"."AB_TEST1"), defaultView = 'V_AB_TEST1', 'REGISTERVIEWFORAPCHECK' = '1' )nVersion: 42n

For the user (SYSTEM), I have added _SYS_BIC under SQL Priviliges and have given authority for everything from CREATE ANY to INDEX. The user also has all authorisations for the package (ABEHANAN) where I am creating the attribute view.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance,

Anooj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rama & Manish for your responses.

Rama, I took your advice on board and used my user (who had CONTENT_ADMIN role) to create a table within my schema and then created a package with my user followed by an analytical view within it. However the activation still failed with the exact same error.

From experiencesaphana.com I got this SQL command:

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to _SYS_REPO with grant option;

I gave SELECT access to _SYS_REPO to my schema and it worked. Now I am able to activate and re-deploy the model. The data preview which wasn't working before has also started working.

Thanks,

Anooj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

manish_umarwadia2
Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you have granted select privileges for the schema where the raw tables are contained. You may also need  to grant SQL privileges (select) for RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anooj:

Do not change any assignments to SYSTEM user unless you are absolutely sure on the change.

Please add to the user ID ABEHANAN the CONTENT_ADMIN role - log-off the user and try again using the same user ID.

Hope this helps.

Rama