cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select Multiprovider in RSPLAN BW7.3

0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm currently using a tutorial to learn integrated planning.

I've created 2 Cubes (ZIST - standard cube & ZPLAN - realtime provider) and a Multiprovider ZM01 on top of them.

In transaction RSPLAN i enter technical name ZM01 and press enter - description shows up for the Multiprovider.

When i press button display i get the following error:

Infoprovider ZM01 does not exist or cannot be edited here

Message no. RSPLW009

In the F4 help for the Infoprovider textbox i can see only the ZPLAN Cube it seems the Multiprovider is not recognized as valid for planning.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

PS I've tested the same in the web based version of rsplan with same results.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

nothing is wrong here.

The first option is to display/maintain planning-specific settings for 'base' providers, e.g. characteristic relationships and data slices. These settings can only be maintained for real-time InfoCubes, not for multiproviders.

But you can maintain an aggregation level on a multiprovider, if the multiprovider contains at least one real-time InfoCube.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I have a Virtual info Provider based on FM for planning. Still I cannot edit it in RSPLAN.

Does RSPLAN allow editing only Standard real-time Info providers.

If so, Is there a way/work around to maintain Characteristics relationships for Custom Virtual Info Providers based on FM (Packed RFC)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

if you created a virtual InfoProvider in RSDCUBE based on a function module you have to implement the write interface IF_RSDRV_RPROV_WRITABLE; check the documentation of this interface in transaction SE24; in addition you have to implement the lock interface (for enqueue/dequeue): IF_RSDRV_RPROV_LOCK_NOSID or IF_RSDRV_RPROV_LOCK_SID; this depends on SID support in your InfoProvider.

In RSPLAN then you can create aggregation levels, data slices, etc. based on this InfoProvider.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor.

That helps.

Answers (0)