cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use BPM datasources not only in VC, but in pure Java also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

As you know, there are standard tables with process analytics (BPM_BUSINESS_LOG_DS, BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS, BPM_MY_TASKS_DS, BPM_PRINCIPAL_ASSIGNMENT_DS) and it's possible to create some graphical analytics through the Visual Composer or, if exists, through the SAP BI.

My question is it possible to use this tables through java? And then expose them as WebService, for example. The only way I see now is the direct connection to database. Any other ways to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill

There are BI Java connectors for that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/a6/c0e51914e842e19bda39dbbe4fe78c/frameset.htm

regards, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nick, we can use that connectors even if we don't have BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems you can get them right from SCN.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/5001d5de-f867-2b10-00bf-8d27683c85a0

From the docs it appears to also be integrated into NWDS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kirill,

Check this,

regrds,

Rakesh Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

did you manage to get to the BPM process analytics information using the BI Java Connector? We are also facing similar challenge and would appreciate any help on this topic.

Best regards,

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

you can access BPM process analytics information using the BPM analytics API. See the Javadocs here (package: com.sap.bpm.analytics.api)

Generated Documentation (Untitled)

You can also access BPM Reporting Data Sources (package: com.sap.bpm.reporting.api)

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Frank.

What I am looking for is the business log information, more precisely info about events, when process tasks were delegated. The BPM Analytics API doesn't provide this information. I tried to use the BPM Reporting Datasources API, but it can't find any BPM reporting datasource on my server. I was somewhat hoping to find the BPM_BUSINESS_LOG_DS datasource there, but there is no datasource at all.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks and best regards,

Tomas