cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports 2011 intergration with SAP ECC system

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We brought the licence of SAP BO Edge 4.0 Standard version, which does not carry data services, we dont have sap bw in our organization. We need to connect SAP BO with our SAP ECC(R/3) system.

Can any one, please guide us or provide the steps to connect the SAP ECC with SAP BO or crystal reports 2011 version. so that we can generate reports on SAP ECC data in SAP BO or crystal report environment.

It will be of great help if guided us how to integrate SAP BO and SAP ECC.

Please mail, if you carry any related document to my mail id satishreddy3382@gmail.com.

Thanks & Regards,

Satheesh Reddy. R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi, All

Im facing this issue any one that could be help me, I can login but I cant see anything

with Regards,

Adriana

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to install the Crystal transports on the ERP backend.

As this is an old thread, I recommend creating a new discussion

0 Kudos

thanks, the basis installed the transports in fact I can see authorization object ZSEGREPORT

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on enhancement pack 7, currently this functionality does not work, per the SAP PAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am Sadiq and I have gone through your thread.

I am very new to SAP Environment.  One of our client has SAP and would like to connect through CR.

Could you please let me know how did you configure the CR with ECC.

Regards,

Sadiq.

0 Kudos

hi Sathish,

I'm also having same scenario. i want to schedule the report which has ECC data in sap bo4.0. what 2 do?have u solved?

please guide me how to slove this one?

Regards,

Vinothini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The list of required authorizations are found in the admin guide for Bi4 in a section Creating and applying authorizations:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

You would need to import the transports of the same patch level as your BI4 implementation.

From CR2011, you can select the relevant driver for the specific datasource you are connecting to.

For example, the "SAP table, Cluster or Function" driver. The list of drivers should be included in the full installation of CR2011.

thanks,

Akin

0 Kudos

hi Akin,

Thanks for Your  Quick Reply.

i did all those things what you have mentioned the above...

but i couldnt schedule the reports in BI LaunchPad...

in scheduling ,i choosed database logon not able to select sap system. normally it's disabled

could you help me? how to acheive this one?

with Regards,

Vinothini

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend reading Ingo Hilgefort's blogs http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a02d2792-452a-2c10-7c8f-ddd50dad779b

You will need the SAP Integration Kit (client side and server side) and set up special Crystal authorizations on the ECC side, depending on your requirements

Also consider reading this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-20185 and see if you have more questions.

Good luck!

Tammy

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

I follow Ingo blogs regularley. I had gone trough the document in the link alreay, they deal with SAP BO 3.1 version. our company version is SAP BO Edge series 4.0 standard version which does not carry data services and our company does not have SAP BI. My task is to integrate SAP ECC with SAP BO for which i am expecting help.

Thanks for the repaly.

Regards,

Satheesh Reddy. R.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

I don't think Data services plays a role with Crystal Reports 2011 ECC integration, unless I understand your requirement wrong?

You are trying to integrate Crystal Reports with ECC?  You will need ABAP transports installed on your ECC system - that is located in the Crystal subdirectory and you will need to set up Crystal authorizations inside ECC after those transports are installed.

I am not familiar with BI4 Edge but on the ECC side for sure you will need the Crystal ABAP transports installed.

Good luck.

Tammy

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

I am aware that data services play a role with  Crystal reports 2011 and ECC integration. I am not able to get a the process of integration of ECC with Crystal Reports 2011.  Can you please guide me the steps you followed to integrate crystal reports  (please specify which version) and ECC, so that it will be agreat help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Satheesh Reddy. R.

0 Kudos

sorry i mean to say that i am aware that data services will not play any role in integrating crystal reports 2011 and ECC.  i didnt check my replay before post. play consider the correction.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using BusinessObjects XI 3.1

We had to install Crystal 2011 on the Desktop for designing reports

On the SAP side, we had to install the ABAP Crystal Transports, SAP Integration Kit

On the Client slide, we had to install the SAP Integration Kit

On the SAP ECC side we had to develop Crystal Authorizations

That being said, I understand you are on BI4 Edge - my "guess" would be some similar steps on your side except for the SAP Integration Kit.

Tammy

0 Kudos

HI Tammy,

can you please guide me the process in detail what you did

i.e.,

On the SAP side, we had to install the ABAP Crystal Transports, SAP Integration Kit (Integration kit is part of SAP BO 4.0 do we need to install in SAP ECC side also

On the Client slide, we had to install the SAP Integration Kit (we are installing on server so we dont need ths step)

On the SAP ECC side we had to develop Crystal Authorizations

Please guide me the process it will be of great help.

Thank You,

Regards,

Satheesh Reddy. R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satheesh,

The list of required authorizations are found in the admin guide for Bi4 in a section Creating and applying authorizations:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_admin_en.pdf

You would need to import the transports of the same patch level as your BI4 implementation and you are correct that you do not need SAP integration kit anymore as you are on BI4.

thanks,

Akin

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Akin did a good job describing it - we are not in BI4 yet, but definitely you need the transports and develop the authorizations as Akin described.