Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG:Customizing Logon Page in SAP EP 7.3

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to customize the Logon Page in SAP EP 7.3 using the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

I am able to deploy the ear and while i try to run the logonPage.jsp using servlet name , i am getting the following error

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [logonPage.jsp] in [tc~sec~ume~logon~ui] web application.
[EXCEPTION

java.lang.InstantiationException: ID018236: Cannot instantiate bean. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: class com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean : java.lang.InstantiationException: com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean

at JEE_jsp_logonPage_506130250_1335437577000_1335437579372._jspService(JEE_jsp_logonPage_506130250_1335437577000_1335437579372.java:54)

Can any one help on this?

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks to me like you are missing something from your application, make sure you have all the necessary JAR files in the lib folders of your project, for some reason on line 54 of the java class that is generated from the JSP page (logonPage.jsp) it is looking for the class ResourceBean which it cannot find... either that class is part of your component (probably in a JAR file in one of the lib folders) or you need to add a runtime reference so that it can be found elsewhere.

First thing I would do is check that you are not missing any JARs from your project (sometimes JARs don't get copied across when you import into NWDS... so check the original archive file).

Hope this helps,

Simon

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for you reply..

I have checked in original archive file it has only one jar reference with the following name tc~sec~ume~logon~ui_core.jar. I have added this in my war project WEB-INF-->lib folder.

I don't see any other jar files there.Do i need to add any other jar file?

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you open that JAR file does it contain that ResourceBean class?

Thanks,

Simon

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

The jar file i have added doesn't have ResourceBean class. Where i can find this jar file?

Regards,

Srinivasan V

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Now i have added tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar which has the ResourceBean Class resolves the build path error in jsp.

When i deploy and check it is giving the same error

java.lang.InstantiationException: ID018236: Cannot instantiate bean. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: class com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean : java.lang.InstantiationException: com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Ok... so I took a look on my own system. What I found is that the class it is complaining about is actually located in a JAR file here: D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.logon\servlet_jsp\logon_app\root\WEB-INF\lib\tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar

When you create your EAR file are you sure you have created a reference to the com.sap.security.core.logon target as described in the help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

I would say that your application is not referencing the standard one so it cannot find that class file (which is used in the logon.jsp page as a Bean).

If you sort out the references this should fix the problem.

Thanks,

Simon

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

This following code i have added in my ear's application-j2ee-engine.xml

<application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">

<reference  reference-type="hard">

<reference-target

provider-name="sap.com"

target-type="application">com.sap.security.core.logon</reference-target>

</reference> 

<provider-name>com.sap.xxx</provider-name>

<start-up

mode="manual"/>

</application-j2ee-engine>

Still i am facing the same error

Cannot instantiate bean. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: class com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well it looks like you are doing everything right, you are referencing the standard sap application which is where that ResourceBean class is defined... I am not sure what else you can do or why it is not working for you... perhaps someone else reading this discussion can help.

BRgds,

Simon

p.s. this post discusses the same issue http://scn.sap.com/thread/1763403 apparently he solved it but didn't post his solution. Perhaps try contacting him.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

One more thing i am not importing the standard sap.com~tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war into NWDS,Instead i have created Local Developement DC of webmodule type(dcname-logonpageweb) and using the all the jsp's and xml files inside the standard package.Then i have imported two jars(tc~sec~ume~logon~ui_core.jar,tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar) inside WEB-INF/lib folder .Then i have created another DC of EAR type(dcname-logonpageear) and given my webmodule(logonpageweb) as referenceto the ear. In the webmodule's web.xml i have added only the servlet mapping for the servlet logonPage.jsp and given the url-pattern as "/LogonPage" to run the logonPage.jsp.

Any thing i am doing wrong in this ?

Regards

Srinivasan V

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It got resolved , no need to add any external jars .I was trying to run the single jsp through servlet mapping it was not happening. When i gave my web module name in  inside Logon Application, I got my custom logon page .This property is present in http://hostname:portno/nwa/auth   -->  Properties-->  Logon application.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great that you found the resolution and that you found the time to post it here too for anyone in the future with the same issue. I hope some of my answers helped you along the way!

BRgds,

Simon

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon ,

Thanks a lot .. I found in SDN lots of people struct with this same error . Hope it will help them.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

One more thing i have added this tc~sec~ume~logon~ui_core.jar in my web DC lib folder.

I have changed the text value for LOGON in logonLabels_fr.properties. But when i deploy and check

it is not taking changes instead it refers to the original. How to give reference to my jar file for language change.

Thanks,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure but this may require a restart. I had a similar issue with localization properties files recently and I had to restart the Portal server.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Do i need to refer the jar in my webmodule or earmodule so that it takes the jar which i changed? OR

If i do a server restart it will automatically refer the jar.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope that just doing the restart will clear the cache and pick up your changes.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I have restarted the server, still my changes or not reflecting.

Any other ways.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

That JAR file tc~sec~ume~logon~ui_core.jar where did you get that from... is it part of the component you copied/based your component on? I am just thinking that it is referencing that JAR from somewhere else and therefore not picking up your "local" version....

You can of course change the standard one (then restart the server) but you will need to make a note to re-apply that change should you patch/upgrade your system in the future.

Sorry I can't help more,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I am trying to customize the logon screen for which I have done similar to what you have described. I created a DC of type web module and then from the standard tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war file copied all the JSP and other resources into this project. However, I am now getting a JSP compilation errors at <jsp:useBean id="logonLocale" class="com.sap.engine.applications.security.logon.beans.ResourceBean" scope="request"/>.

This is available in the jar tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar. Since, you have mentioned there is no necessity of adding external jars how can reference this to get around compilation errors.

Thanks.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Leave that compilation errors it will not affect your Logon Page.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to customise the portal. with out  giving userID and Password i need to login the portal.

Help of capturing windows username. Because windows username and portal username are same here. can any one pls help me regarding this

Thanks and Regrds,

Manoj

Soumya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please try to put in your query in a new discussion rather than a already answered one.

As per my understanding of the post, your requirement is to make the users login to portal using there windows username / password. So there should be NO LOGIN SCREEN.

If it is the requirement, please search for SPNEGO / Kerberos Authentications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/3f5530efa0044ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Also read the note: 1332726 for troubleshooting issues for the same.

Hope it helps.

... -.-.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

logon page on the sap ep 7.3 versrion , if i add the new custom link like Guest User.... on log on page

I tried , but only for use sap tags have,

Please give me suggestions...

Thanks

Srini

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

you should open a new discussion for this.

Asking in an old thread won't get you a lot of help most of the time.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, Steffi,But create new thread regarding that issue,

Thanks

Srinivas

Answers (0)