cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgChart 3.0 SP2 Build 0702025500 - extended employee field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created two fields and added into my extended employee profile section - Contract End Date and Last Working Day

If these fields have not been maintained in SAP, a random system date is being provided in the User Console. The date changes if it is updated but otherwise is showing as 30/11/0002

Any ideas on how this can be amended to say n/a if blank in SAP

Thanks

Husna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

This issue was looked at and the answer was that if no date is maintained in SAP then it should say N/A and 30-11-0002 must be maintained in SAP somewhere.

The fact is it is not so there has been no resolution to sort this out. Are we able to edit the files so that if the result is 30-11-0002 it will say N/A and then display the dates that are maintained in sap as they should be? If so, which file is best to do this in?

Any advice or help would be great

Thanks

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

I would recommend to upgrade to SP3, since I've had a similar error resolved in this SP. Otherwise I can't really suggest what to do in order to get it to work.

Have you checked the XPath that is sent to the browser to see if this is the date value sent??

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Not sure how to proceed with this one.

SAP provided a patch update for SP2. However it has not solved the issue and the date is still appearing as 30-11-0002. They have now mentioned that they only handle product issues and not customisations. However, the customisation has been done through Admin Console so surely if the date is incorrectly appearing it is a product issue?

Regards

Husna

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, if you have done it through the AdminConsole then I understood it to be supported.    

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

I concur with Stephen on this one.

As a piece of advice, you have to be very clear about the steps that you took so that support know it isn't a customization (or if it is then you have to provide clear proof that it isn't caused by the customization).

Best regards,

Luke

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

Can you upload your NakisaRFC function and maybe a screenshot of an employee in OrgChart and the in SE16N?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke Please find attached

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

For Leaving Date try and add an additional condition, e.g. BEGDA <= '[DateToday]' And ENDDA >= '[DateToday]' And DAR03 = '99'

For Contract End Date try and add a condition, e.g. BEGDA <= '[DateToday]' And ENDDA >= '[DateToday]' And CTTYP != ''

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I amended my data element conditions and added the additional condition in...on previewing it no results are displayed for either. Without the additional condition it previews, but those dates do not change.

Regards

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

It seems very odd. I think if no data shows with the additional conditions then the condition is wrong, since it shouldn't stop all data showing (unless that data should'nt show).

What condition did you use on each function? Maybe you can attach your files?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I tried various different conditions to check what was coming through in the preview. The conditions I tried for the leaving date field:

BEGDA <= '[DateToday]' And ENDDA >= '[DateToday]' And DAR03 = ''

BEGDA <= '[DateToday]' And ENDDA >= '[DateToday]' And DAR03 = '42'

for the first one, I only got the results where a date is not maintained in SAP and so the date '30/11/0002' came up.

for the second, only the results came up where a date is maintained in sap.

It seems from this that the  blank field is not displaying correctly as when it is [''] it is pulling 30/11/0002 instead of N/A.  

Thanks

Husna

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husna,

So it is still showing 30/11/0002 as the date? I would raise an OSS for this because this is not correct functionality. Yo could correct the XSL file, but this shouldn't be the standard behavior if the date field in SAP is blank. I know this error did exist in SP1 so it might still exist in SP2. An upgrade to SP3 will certinly resolve it, but SAP Support should be able to provide an SP2 build with a fix.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke, I will raise the OSS accordingly and see if we can get this resolved.

Regards

Husna